19│TAROT CARD PREDICTIONS

❝Love makes life's sweetest pleasures and worst misfortunes

❝Love makes life's sweetest pleasures and worst misfortunes.❞

Madeleine de Scudéry

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

Shawn and Cory had gone with Eric to check out his possible future college, Beach State. Topanga was nervous about spending the weekend alone with Cory unsupervised, so she lied about her Aunt Prudence refusing to let her go with them. So, Elena decided to skip out on the trip to have a sleepover with Topanga instead.

"My mom's fortuneteller gave her a coupon for a free reading for her birthday," Topanga pulled out the purple coupon for Madame McGonagall's Fortunes.

"She still goes to her?" Elena asked as she grabbed the coupon.

"Oh, you're talking about Madame Ouspenskaya," She corrected, "My mom stopped going to her after she 'predicted' that someone would die every time my mom would go to the dentist."

"Wow," Elena breathed out through a chuckle, "I think that's the same lady that told Cory he was turning into a werewolf on Halloween."

"But Madam McGonagall hasn't gotten a single fortune wrong so far. Wanna check her out?" Topanga asked, her eyes glinting with excitement, "I've always wanted to have my fortune read and Madam McGonagall's the real deal."

She shrugged. "Sure, why not. Do you think she's going to give us a bad fortune because this reading is free, so we'll pay for another one because we want to get a good fortune?"

"She's not going to scam us, Elena," Topanga rolled her eyes, "She's a legitimate and respected woman of occultism that specializes in Oneiromancy, Cartomancy, and Crystallomancy. She's had visions which, frankly, science cannot account for."

"You mean dreams?" Elena arched a brow, "Or an acid trip."

Topanga gave her friend a pointed look. "No, she has a gift for this kind of thing."

"Oh, I missed Hippie Toppy," Elena chuckled as she grabbed her car keys, "C'mon, let's go."

After several wrong turns, as smart as she was, Topanga was horrible at directions, they finally made it to the fortune shop.

They walked in and looked around at the eccentric decor in awe.

"Don't touch that," A stern voice demanded just as Elena was about to touch a crystal ball on display, making the two girls jump in shock.

"Wow," Topanga breathed out with wide eyes, "How'd you know we were here?"

"The floor is hardwood, my boots have heels. Noise," Elena answered dryly.

Madam McGonagall chuckled. "You don't believe in my gift, do you?"

"Nope," She didn't sugarcoat it, "But I was bored and didn't have anything else to do."