16│HIGHER RISK, HIGHER REWARD

❝They invented hugs to let people know you love them without saying anything

❝They invented hugs to let people know you love them without saying anything.❞

Bil Keane

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Topanga, Elena and I invested our imaginary one thousand dollars in the stock market," Stuart said as Elena drew their rise in profits on the whiteboard.

"And how did you do?" Mr. Feeny asked from Topanga's seat.

"We kicked Wall Street butt!" Stuart smiled proudly.

"Yet, none of the companies we invested in discriminate on the basis of race, sex, or bad karma," Topanga added, drawing a smiley face on their sales forecast.

"And, we've helped increase the number of working women within the community." Elena smiled happily.

"You got to love her," Stuart smiled over at her.

"You gotta take a step back." Shawn glared.

"Well thought out, Mr. Minkus." Mr. Feeny smiled as he stood up, "Very politically correct, Ms. Lawrence and Ms. Martinez."

The three smiled brightly before making their way back to their seats.

"Which company's next?" Mr. Feeny asked and Cory shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

"Mr. Feeny, this project wasn't due for another week." He threw in.

"This is a progress report, Mr. Matthews. Those companies who've made progress should have no problem," Mr. Feeny told him.

Shawn leaned down by Cory as he passed his seat, "We have a problem."

The two made their way to the front of the class, Cory smiled confidently as Shawn picked up a marker.

"Our investment is proceeding. We are pleased to report we have absolutely no losses and we haven't fired anybody, and nobody's quit." Cory said as Shawn drew a straight, horizontal line on the whiteboard.

The two stood in front of the class with big smiles.

"They haven't even started yet," Stuart snickered.

Mr. Feeny gasped sarcastically, "No?"

With that, the bell rang and Elena packed up her things, she stood waiting for Shawn and Cory to join her until Mr. Feeny called them over.

"Good luck" She called out as she made her way out the door.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

Elena stood next to Topanga and Stuart as they discussed the next step in their project.

"I'm glad our company is making money," Stuart smiled, "Because as the future mother of my children, you are going to live in the lap of luxury because I'm a provider, babe."