13│AND THEN THERE WAS SHAWN

❝How am I supposed to move on? When you're never really too far gone? The memories won't go away

❝How am I supposed to move on? When you're never really too far gone? The memories won't go away. I feel pain every time I hear your name.❞

See You Later | Jenna Raine

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Anyone sitting here?" Angela asked shyly as she walked over to Elena's table.

"Yes," She deadpanned, "These seats are currently being occupied by my ghost friends."

Angela's brows furrowed and she frowned in confusion. "I-I beg your pardon?"

"My ghost friends. Hideous, lonely students who met with an early death from good old-fashioned schoolyard bullying. And you know why?" Elena's voice turned sharp and cold as she glared at the girl, "They tried to cross me. So why don't you just keep on walking?"

It was official. Or well, the type of official where it wasn't actually official but everyone just assumed it was. Shawn and Angela were some sort of an item just like Elena and JD were. And Angela had been trying her hardest to get on Elena's good side or at least just not be on her bad side anymore.

Unfortunately for her, Elena was known to be very good at holding a grudge. Meanwhile, Topanga was stuck in the middle since she'd been friends with Angela before the whole Shalena breakup but was also Elena's best friend. So, she was in a limbo of a very difficult conflict of interests.

Angela didn't know how to respond to that, she was still processing it actually. So instead she walked over to Topanga. "Hi, Topanga. You...you mind if I sit here?" She asked hopefully.

Topanga had to look away. "Uh... sorry. Taken," She said softly, the guilt already eating at her.

"How about there?" She moved towards the chair on the other side of her.

"Actually, they're all sort of taken. I am, uh, meeting with some...some juniors about college applications," She smiled tightly, hoping she didn't look as awkward and nervous as she felt.

Angela's face fell and she sighed. "You think it's easy being a new kid? You think I don't get this everywhere I go? Everybody told me that Elena was the unapproachable one and, uh...that you were really nice. I see they got that last part wrong, huh?" She chuckled sadly.

"Hey Angela," Elena gave her a sickly sweet smile, "Why don't you go have lunch outside and while you're there, find a stick and-"

Topanga quickly cut her off with wide eyes. "Okay, can we just move on?" She begged.

Elena sighed and looked at Angela. "Look, I don't mean to be a bitch...well actually I do. So, bye," She smiled meanly.

"C'mon, I'm sure there's something you two have in common," Topanga tried before she winced at the pointed glare Elena threw at her, "Right, sorry," She said meekly.