8│TRIPLE E ROADSIDE ASSISSTANCE

❝You didn't love when you had meBut now you need me so badlyYou can't be serious, That's hilariousThinkin' I would still want youAfter the things you put me through❞That's Hilarious | Charlie Puth▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

But now you need me so badly
You can't be serious, That's hilarious
Thinkin' I would still want you
After the things you put me through❞
That's Hilarious | Charlie Puth
▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

Elena stopped midstep and took three steps back to stand by Mr. Feeny's desk and took a sniff. "Are you wearing cologne? Wait, are you going on a date? Are you cheating on my Abuelita? Because I still don't know what the hell an exclusive, non-sexual, platonic companion is but it has the word exclusive in it!"

Mr. Feeny held his hands up to stop her before she went on a tirade of scary threats. "I'm going on a date with Lydia!" He burst out before his eyes widened, "Please don't tell her I told you, it was supposed to be a secret."

She gasped and grinned, clapping her hands excitedly. "What are the plans? I feel like I need to approve them."

"Excuse me," He scoffed, "I have been dating decades longer than you've been alive, and I'm especially an expert at first dates... Because that's what I mostly have."

"Oh, bubbeleh," She cooed, "What's wrong? Give the weight to the young people. We can bear it."

"I just... I just find dating exhausting," He admitted, "I think, what do you share? What do you not share? And if it works out, scary. If it doesn't work out, scary. After every date, I just want to go home and plant my face in a pillow and never go out again."

"Oh... Jesus. Okay. Wow," She breathed out, "You need to relax, okay? Just have fun. Laugh. Flirt."

"Isn't it insulting to flirt now?" He wondered nervously. 

"Well, who the hell knows?" Elena shrugged, "Listen, I'm really glad you're doing this. Being alone in life is making you a little weird."

"Thank you?" Mr. Feeny frowned with furrowed brows. 

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"So," Beau mused hopefully, "Now that we're officially dating-"

"I still can't believe I'm dating a hopalong," Elena sighed teasingly.

Beau rolled his eyes and chuckled. "The nicknames ever going to stop?"

Elena paused, pretending to think about it before she smiled. "No," She shook her head.

He nodded. "Yeah, didn't think so."

"I have news," Lydia announced as she strolled into Theo's office, "I have been asked on a date."

"And you turned him down," Theo supplied, not even looking up from his paperwork.

Theo slowly looked up when his mother didn't automatically agree and start on a rant about her late husband, Berto. He let out a dramatic gasp when he saw her sheepish smile.