15 ║ CORY DID A THING

❝The future you have, tomorrow, won't be the same future you had, yesterday

❝The future you have, tomorrow, won't be the same future you had, yesterday.❞

Chuck Palahniuk

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"What's the story, morning glory?" Elena sang with a chuckle as she ruffled Lucas' hair.

Lucas smiled warmly as he fixed his hair before he sighed. "Mr. Matthew's forgiveness project."

Elena nodded in understanding. So that's why all Cory's students were sitting in her apartment with frowns on their faces. She felt oddly reminiscent, remembering the days when she and her own school friends were agonizing over Mr. Feeny's many projects and essays. She paused and her eyes widened in the slightest.

Oh, my God! Topanga married Feeny, She thought to herself with a laugh.

"Forgiveness project got you down, Rileytown?" Elena pinched Riley's cheek comfortingly.

"Can you be my new father Aunt Elena?" Riley begged with a frown, "Mom already likes you more than dad."

"Awe, sweetie," She cooed, "Everyone likes me more than Cory. Besides, I'm basically your grandmother since I'm still raising your father. His parents dumped him on me when we went to college and never looked back."

"Do you ever wish you left him at a fire station?" Maya wondered.

"I did," Elena grumbled, "He found his way back."

"All right, schedule's ready," Auggie called as he handed the paper to Farkle to hang on the door.

"Ooh," Elena clapped her hands, "Let's see who's first. Bug!"

"What?!" Farkle huffed in shock, "But I was the first one here. I've been here for an hour!"

"Yeah but you didn't bring me candy," Auggie shrugged flippantly.

"B-but this isn't fair!" Farkle cried, "Do you have any idea about the severe ramification of bribery in-"

"No," Auggie cut him off with a simple shake of his head, "I'm seven."

With that, he turned on his heel and walked away.

"I taught him that," Elena smiled proudly.

Farkle didn't say anything else, instead, he just crossed his arms and pouted.

"Hey. You already got to talk to her about this dumb project before," Maya reminded him pointedly, "Give the rest of us a chance.

"Now Farkle says..." Elena trailed off as she raised a brow at the boy genius.

"You're right, Maya," Farkle droned with a sigh, "Please take your time."

Elena nodded with a proud smile. "Who's a good genius?"