8│THE FORGIVENESS PROJECT

❝It's funny 'cause I've always dreamed of me and you

❝It's funny 'cause I've always dreamed of me and you. Now here we are, staring at the stars. You just broke my heart even though you promised you'd never do that from the start.❞

See You Later | Jenna Raine

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Wait up!"

"Walk faster," Elena snapped as she kept marching down the halls.

"I'll walk faster," Cory quickly agreed as he started jogging to keep up with her.

Three days had passed since Elena broke up with Shawn in Chubbies. It had also been three days since she'd spoken a word to Cory. Elena could deal with a lot of things. Like Cory accidentally dying her hair electric blue, or Cory accidentally setting her curtains on fire.

But she couldn't get over the list.

Ever since she found it, all she could do was read it over and over again. And even when she wasn't reading it, it was like the words were permanently seared into the back of her eyelids. Every time she closed her eyes, all she could think about was that stupid cons list.

"What?" She asked flatly when he was finally walking by her side.

"Can we talk, please," He begged.

"Hm, no."

"Okay, then I'll talk," He suggested without missing a beat, "I'm sorry."

"I don't care," She deadpanned, not even turning to look at him.

"Okay, see, now I'm confused. So, are we talking or is it still just me talking?" He asked.

Elena rolled her eyes and pursed her lips to keep from swearing at him. She perked up when she noticed they were about to walk past the hallway trash can and it was on Cory's side. The second they were close enough, her arm shot out and she pushed Cory right into the trash can.

"Okay, we'll talk later!" Cory called after her casually as he tried to shimmy out of the trash can.

"She's still mad at you, huh?" Topanga asked as she walked over to him.

"No, she's not. Well, not as mad as she was. I mean look, she's even waving goodbye. Now that is progress," Cory smiled brightly as he nodded over to Elena's retreating figure.

Topanga frowned. "Cory, no one waves with one finger up. Especially not that finger."

"Will you just help me out of the trash," He huffed as he failed yet again to pull himself out.

"No."

"What? Why not?" He whined like a child.

"You deserve it," She said like it was obvious and she leaned down and kissed his cheek before she walked away.