3│THE FEENY PRANK

❝One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives❞

Euripides

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

Elena grabbed River's arm and dragged him towards the school's newspaper office once she heard a girl shrieking.

"Y'know I don't think they're in there," River told her with a laugh.

Not a minute later, a girl ran out of the room screaming.

Elena arched a brow at him, "Oh, they are definitely in there."

"And I was right," Elena smiled proudly when they walked in and saw Shawn, Cory, and Eric.

"So, how did you scare her off this time?" Elena asked as River laughed.

"I didn't, these four rats did." Eric huffed as he glared at Shawn and Cory.

"Four?" Rive questioned and Cory smiled as he raised up the rat he was holding.

Elena's eyes widened as she pushed herself behind River, "Keep that away from me!"

River smiled over at her when he felt her clutch his arm tightly, "I didn't know you were such a scaredy-cat."

"This is a new shirt, I don't need rat fur ruining it," Elena huffed.

"Nice shirt by the way," River smiled and winked when Elena scoffed.

Shawn glared over at him before raising his arms, "Hey Lena, I can keep you a lot safer over here!"

Elena looked over at him weirdly, "That's real sweet Shawn but I think I like it over here."

"What? Why?!" Shawn asked, looking offended.

"Dude, you do realize you're holding a cage. With a rat." River told him as he raised an eyebrow at him.

Shawn glared at him and opened his mouth before Cory shuffled over to him and whispered, "He's right, y'know."

Shawn looked down at the cage and up to River who was smirking at him and glared angrily.

"Don't call me dude."

"Nice comeback!" Cory tried to cheer his best friend on.

"Thanks for trying Cor," Shawn whispered to his best friend.

Elena rolled her eyes, before pushing herself in front of River, "If your testosterone fight is over, can we go now? Please."

Eric, who was quiet throughout the whole thing, looked over at Elena thoughtfully before nodding his head, "Sure."

He picked her up and threw her over his shoulder, "Eric! This is not what I meant!"

"Too close to a boy, Ladybug, too close!"