2│SANTA'S LITTLE HELPERS

❝​​Now I'm standing alone in a crowded room And we're not speaking and I'm dying to know Is it killing you like it's killing me, yeah?❞

And we're not speaking and I'm dying to know
Is it killing you like it's killing me, yeah?❞

The Story of Us | Taylor Swift

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Oh, Topanga. Uh, listen, there's a slight change in our first-ever engaged Christmas plans. See, Shawn's bunking in my room, so the..." He trailed off shyly, "Sex is off."

She rolled her eyes at his stupid insinuation before she froze as she comprehended what he'd said. "You invited Shawn?" She repeated with wide eyes.

His brows furrowed. "Wait a minute. Why?"

"I invited Elena."

Elena's father was away on business and she was supposed to join him for Christmas but a snowstorm canceled every flight for the next few days. And Lydia had already been planning on spending Christmas with George because she couldn't leave her exclusive, non-sexual, platonic companion alone for the holidays since that would make her a bad exclusive, non-sexual, platonic companion.

Theo and Elena hadn't asked any questions about that because they weren't really sure they wanted to know any more about whatever relationship was going on between the two.

So, Topanga, on behalf of Alan and Amy, forced Elena to agree to come over with her to the Matthews' house for their Christmas holiday. Elena finally agreed because she realized that she didn't really have a choice in the matter. She knew when Eric found out she was home alone, he would drag her to their house anyway.

Cory's eyes widened and he gasped. "You invited Elena? Who said you could invite Elena? She's gonna kill me!" He yelped, already mentally preparing his will.

"Oh, my God. Shawn's gonna blame me for this," Topanga mumbled worriedly.

The two paused and turned to each other slowly.

"Hey, why would Elena want to kill you?"

"Hey, why would Shawn blame you?" They asked in unison before they gasped.

"You know something about Elena!"

"You know something about Shawn!" Cory countered.

Topanga held her hands up calmly. "All right. On the count of three."

"One, two, three..." They both counted but only one of them spoke after.

"Elena's still in love with Shawn!" Cory blurted out before he froze upon realizing Topanga had tricked him. He glared at her, "I hate that."

"I can't believe you didn't tell me," Topanga said in shock.

"She swore me to secrecy," He explained, "You gotta tell me what you know about Shawn."