Volume 1: Meet new people

Chapter 3

Yato POV:

The day of school had just ended and I was now on the way to the gymnasium, where each club will be presented.

The first thing I noticed was that almost every student who was there was in their first year. It makes sense when we think about it...Every student who was there last year who would want to join a club would don't go to this meeting because they already know which one they gonna join. 

With a quick glance at the crowd, I noticed that we must be around 100 students who came to this assembly. When I estimated the number of people that we were,  I recognized two classmates of mine. One was the girl who ignored me the first time I introduced myself this yesterday and the other one was Ayanakoji, the one I laughed at during his presentation...

Yato: Maybe I should go introduce myself with what happened yesterday...Nah what would be the point of going there and introducing myself...

But of course just when I was thinking If I should go or not...Ayanakoji started looking in my direction and noticed me...

Yato: Sighs... Now It's too late to pretend not to have seen them...

I started to walk towards them while avoiding all the people in the crowd. Then finally, I arrived next to these two...

Yato: Hey your the guy from my class, right? Sorry about what happened yesterday haha!

I naturally took my carefree and nonchalant air while rubbing the back of my head while saying this...

Yato: By the way, I couldn't introduce myself yesterday. My name is Fukazawa Yato! You can call me by my first name or last name I don't care so do as you prefer...

Ayanakoji: Nice to meet you Fukazawa-kun,  also like I said yesterday, I'm Ayanakoji Kiyotaka.

I just nodded with the same attitude as I switched my gaze to the girl next to him...

Yato: And you, what's your name?

???: ...

Yato: Hoi Hoi, you are not planning to ignore me again?!

Ayanakoji: Hey Horikita-san, you could introduce yourself to him.

Yato: Horikita huh...

But as soon as this Ayanakoji guy said this to the girl she just crossed her arm annoyed and started looking at him...

Horikita: Can you mind your own business, Ayanakoji-kun. Even more since I accepted to spend my time accompanying you here! You should be grateful.

Ayanakoji: ...

Yato: Ha... ha...ha. Wow...supporting an attitude like that...good luck buddy...

But anyway...even if I haven't heard from her directly I still managed to get her name...

Yato: Horikita, humm? I have already heard her name before.

Horikita: ...

Ayanakoji: ...

Seeing that none of them want to talk I should leave...anyway, I also don't have an interest in continuing this conversation with them...

Yato: Anyway that was nice to meet you two... I guess? 

I just sneered as I turned around...

Yato: See you next time Ayanakoji.

Since he was the only one of the two of them to have answered me I decided to say him bye...