Volume 6: New President

Chapter 1

Yato Pov: 

The sports festival ended in mid-October, around the time of year when it started getting chilly. After the festival, the school held a general election to decide who would be the next President of the student council. I already knew who it would be... and students of upper years probably already know the answers too. But still, Immediately after the election concluded, the school ushered in the handover ceremony of the student council. It was a large-scale event that gathered students from the entire school to the gymnasium.

I was surprised by one thing... to see how much this event of the election of the President seemed uninteresting to the students of the first year. Well, I was not the best person to make that comment but it was because I already knew who will be elected. After seeing how this school worked from the start of the year... people should understand how much power the President has in this school. So this election was decisive for our future and that of the school itself.

Teacher: Now, here are some final remarks from president Horikita of the student council.

Following the moderator's speech, Horikita Manabu slowly approached the microphone on the stage. Seeing him walking towards the microphone, I decided to look at the girl who was a little further ahead of me... Horikita Suzune. I suddenly remember the face of the same girl at the start of the year when President Horikita made the speech of welcome for our first years. Back then she seemed intimidated by this man, it was a part of her personality that nobody knew about it...

But now... She was looking directly at her brother with a firm look. 

Horikita-senpai: I am proud and grateful to have been able to lead the student council for almost two years. Thank you very much.

Wow... his speech is what is called going straight to the point. After his brief statement, Horikita Manabu quietly retreated and returned to his original position.

Yato: ...

To be honest... I still don't have a real opinion on the man called Horikita Manabu. I saw him on some occasion but I just talked with him one time.  And it was during this talk that I start to have doubts about this man. He affirms that I don't have what is needed for the council but he asked Kiyo to become the vice-president...and the other point is his relationship with Kiyo. How does it find out the true ability of Kiyo? 

Yato: Sighs...

Again... we are back to the case of Kiyo ... 

Teacher: Student president Horikita has worked so hard for you all. Now, please welcome the new student council president, a second-year student of Class A, Miyabi Nagumo.

It was now Nagumo who walking toward the microphone. Among the student council members warmly watching over him on the stage, the figure of Ichinose could be seen. I was not the only one that Nagumo asked for joining the student council. 

Nagumo: I am Miyabi Nagumo of the second year's Class A. President Horikita, I really appreciate your strict and kind guidance so far. I am honored and would like to pay tribute to you. I am thankful for being able to accompany the legendary president who has played one of the greatest leadership roles in the history of this school.

I was quite surprised by his speech addressed to Horikita Manabu. They were not in the same school year but it seems that there was a certain relationship between those two.  With that, he bowed deeply in the direction of Horikita's brother and then refaced the students.

Nagumo: Let me introduce myself again. My name is Miyabi Nagumo. I will be the next student president of Advanced Nurturing High School. Please take care of me.