Volume 9: Respect

Chapter 2

Kiyo Pov:

After the unexpected visit of Sakayanagi in our class who wanted to meet Yamauchi... The Ayanakoji group and I .expect Akito, gathered in the Pallet Cafe for a study session.

We studied for a moment until Haruka was tired and decided to talk about another subject...The subject that was probably THE top gossip of the moment...Ichinose Honami and the fact that she was supposedly a criminal in the past...

When I heard of this rumor this morning, I thought about something else... something that happened a bit before the incident on the rooftop with Ryuuen and the others. It was when Ryuuen chased around the school to talk with Koenji... During this incident, Yato suddenly appeared and when he was about to leave Koenji unexpectedly called him "Criminal-kun"...

I confronted Koenji about the topic named Fukazawa Yato... but he didn't give me a clear answer aside from that I didn't want him as a problem. There is a certain relationship between Koenji and Yato but Koenji didn't talk about it aside from telling me that he was an old acquaintance of Yato... and learning more about this two would be impossible... These two guys are probably the two-person here that I can hardly obtain something from them... Infos, manipulate them, etc... In the end, they will do as they wish.

So that is why I will not try to learn more about Yato...Well Even before that Koenji told me to stay away from Yato... it was already my plan. Everything right now goes pretty well between Yato and me. With Sakayanagi on my back, it's not the moment to look for more problems.

Anyway, the chance that Yato could be related to this man and the Whiteroom is extremely low. Only Sakayanagi is a problem. I don't think I have to worry about anyone else about my past.

Kiyo: ...

Suddenly as I was thinking about all this...

DRING DRING DRING

It was Haruka's phone who started to ring on the table. She took it and...

Haruka: Ahh, it's from Miyachi!

Haruka touched the screen and answered the call on speaker.

Haruka: Done with club activities?

Akito: Sorry, looks like I'll be a bit late.

It was a call from Akito, speaking in a slightly nervous tone, informing us that he'd be running late. 

Haruka: Hmm? Could it be overtime club practice?

Akito: No... Looks like trouble's brewing.

Haruka: What trouble? Give me a bit more detail here.

Akito: Class A and Class B are quarreling. Worst case scenario, I have to be there to stop them if a fight breaks out.

Doesn't sound like Akito himself is involved though. But Class A and Class B? I recalled the faces of Class B's main members that we saw earlier. But I wonder if Ichinose would really allow such careless actions that could escalate into a fight.

Haruka: You should just let them be. It's got nothing to do with our class.

Akito: Could be us next, no?

After saying that, Akito ended the call. Akito's a man of few words but sometimes he can be surprisingly passionate.

Airi: I wonder who's quarreling...?

Airi asked. Perhaps she's curious.

Haruka: It's usually always that class stirring up trouble.

Of course, they're talking about Ryuuen's class that's now fallen to Class-D.