Volume 9: Purpose

Warning, this chapter is a 2 in 1. The length is way longer than usual.

Chapter 6: 

Yato Pov:

Yato: See you later Kanzaki

Kanzaki, who was next to me nodded as he stopped walking

Kanzaki: Yeah... If something happens, call me. Even if I have Ichinose to help, with the current rumors going on about your class and you... I will help you.

Yato: Thanks...

I just waved at him and started walking toward my classroom...

This morning before I left for school, Kanzaki came to my room and told me about the current rumors going on. On the school forums, a few rumors appeared about a few students of each class... except the A-Class. The class that was suspected to be the one responsible for the current rumors against Ichinose.

An attack on multiple fronts from Sakayangi?

I don't think soo...

It wouldn't make any sense... because if these rumors continue to grow like that...

Yato: ...

I can't be sure of anything because I don't have any proof and didn't really look for it, but Sakayanagi is surely not the one behind it. 

Who then?

Well, someone who wants to help Ichinsoe I think...

Or someone who profits from this situation to attack someone else...

Yato: Attacking someone

Aside from the rumors on the forums, there seem to have a few rumors about me as well...but that didn't come from the forums. A rumor which said that I would have a lot of private points... It's not really a bad rumor in the sense that it's not about me being a criminal like the current rumors about Ichinose, Prostitution as Shinohara, or that I hate someone in particular...No, just private points. 

So right now, I take this as a cheap provocation...but who? Who started it? If it came from people who know about my deal...well, they can't talk about it... I put a close in the contract that no student of the A-Class can talk about this deal, same goes for the deal with Ishizaki and the others... and anyway, they don't know it's me. Only Sakagami-sensei knows that it's me.

So who... Ishizaki and others, Nah it's impossible, so... Sakaynagi, who broke the contract I passed with Katsuragi? What would be the point of this? Because I beat her in chess? That's completely stupid...that's not her type. I can't see any reason why Sakayanagi would go against me...

But...

There is someone else...

This mysterious caller... Or even Nagumo... Or someone that I don't know about... Or Kushida who decided to betray me and want me to go after her because she is too in love with me?

Yato: ...

That's why I told Kanzaki not to worry too much about these rumors for the moment...

There are too many possibilities. I start to have too many potential enemies... and even unknown enemies... I just gained too much attention right now.

Compared to Ichinose, Sakayanagi, Ryuuen before his loss, Nagumo, Horikita Manabu, Horikita Suzune... I don't have a class or allies behind me to use or help me...

I came to this school without knowing the real reason. That's why I decided to stay as a spectator for a large part of my first year, but we slowly approached the end of the year...and I gained attention and some bad ones...