Volume 7: Back in time

Chapter 4

At the same moment that Yato was meeting ???

Kiyo Pov

After school my shoulders were stiff... I didn't know why at first but I ended up understanding why quickly. This man decided to come up to this school. He didn't change since the last time I saw him... and of course, he planned that I leave this school with him to go back to the Whiteroom.

But he couldn't obtain what he wanted. With the school rules and the support of the man named Sakayanagi, the chairman of the school, he couldn't force me leaving from here.

With his goal unachievable in this way... this man just left by saying that he would get me out of this school in some other way.

Sakayanaki: As the person in charge of this school, I will protect its students as far as the rules allow. You understand what I'm getting at?

After a little talk with the chairman Sakayanagi, he told me these words of warning... If I don't follow the rules then he won't be able to help me either.

Kiyo: Of course, I can imagine what that man will do from this point onwards as well.

His options are very limited if he wants to get me out of this school.

Kiyo: Then please excuse me.

Sakayanagi: Alright. Hang in there.

After he gave me that encouragement, I left the reception office. When I left the reception office, I saw Chabashira-sensei waiting at a slight distance away for the conversation to be over. I gave her a bow and tried to walk past her but she started walking while matching my stride.

Chabashira: How was your confrontation with your father?

Kiyo: It's pointless to try investigating so clumsily. I already understand everything.

Chabashira: What do you mean by you have realized everything?

Kiyo: Chabashira-sensei. I'm saying that everything you've told me are basically lies.

Chabashira: What are you talking about?

Kiyo: You may be trying to hide your worry, but it's not very discreetly.

The way she's looking at me, her speech and the way she's choosing her words. It's only slightly off but still different from the usual her. She's trying to hide her emotions to the best of her ability but it doesn't look like she can hide her unrest entirely. 

Kiyo: That man never contacted you, Chabashira-sensei. Of course, he also didn't force you to make me quit school.

Chabashira: No, your father asked me for help. In fact, just like what I told you, I've been constantly trying to get you expelled.

My father certainly is giving me pressure to drop out. But judging from his attitude, it's clearly the first time he's set foot in this school. Since I have no solid evidence I can't offer a refutation either but him making contact with a teacher is just a laughable story.

Kiyo: Stop trying to manipulate me. Charmain Sakayanagi told me everything regarding my admission

Chabashira: the chairman told you everything?

I laughed thinly. At that very moment, Chabashira-sensei realized she had made a blunder. 

Chabashira: Ayanokouji, were you probing me...?

Kiyo: Yes. The chairman never told me anything about Chabashira-sensei. But I was certain it was related to you, and now this has become very clear.

After seeing Chairman Sakayanagi, who knew about me scoring 50% on all tests, I became convinced of it