Volume 7: Fate

Chapter 3

Yato Pov:

The last class of the morning just ended. It was now time for the lunch break, and students started walking over to their friends or leaving the classroom. It was now a routine for the students from this school. I was observing everyone's routine because I started to get curious about what I should do here.

Chabashira-sensei stayed in class today and worked on some documents. I looked around until I saw Kei leave with her group of friends.

I then got up from my seat, took my bag, and started walking towards the classroom door.

I was about to go to the rooftop, as usual, to eat there and pass the break time there.

Yato: I wonder if he'll be there again today...

As I left the classroom and started walking away, I heard a voice behind me...

???: Fukazawa, I'll need some of your time.

Yato: This cold voice...

I knew who called me out before I even had to turn around to look directly at the person...

Yato: Ahh well you know? It's time for our lunch break, sensei.

I then turned around to see Chabashira standing further behind me. She was looking at me with the same stern and cold expression.

I could ignore her. However, I was curious why she needed some of my time...

Chabashira: In fact, someone else needs your time. Follow me, please.

Yato: ...

I looked at her for a moment without answering. She stood there, and just as I noticed that my silence was starting to bother her...

Yato: Sighs... I don't have a choice I guess, right?

I then started walking towards her, and she started walking, too. I followed in her silence. I was curious about this request. Usually, she never speaks to me. I realized recently that her cold attitude is worse with me compared to other students. I don't know why or if I did something, but it wasn't just an impression. There was something for sure with her.

I was walking with my hands in my pockets until...

Yato: Wait we're going towards...

As I noticed where we were, I saw two people waiting in front of a door. These two people noticed us walking toward them, and one just started laughing.

???: Kuku, you don't think we have met each other a bit too often recently?

Yato: Sighs... it's my line, Ryuuen.

These people were Ryuuen Kakeru and Sakagami-sensei. Chabashira didn't say a word and glanced at Sakagami-sensei, who nodded.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Sakagami-sensei just knocked at the door. We were in front of the Student Council. I was still unsure why Chabashira-sensei brought me here, even more so when Ryuuen was there too.

Yato: You think they plan to ask us to join the council after our excellent work and behavior as students?

Ryuuen: Kuku who knows?

Chabashira\Sakagami: ...

After hearing our talk, both teachers glanced at each other in silence until the door opened.

It was a girl who opened the door but...

Yato: I see...

Ryuuen started looking at me, but I ignored him and just kept looking at the girl who opened the door. It was a senpai that I knew. Well, no, I don't know who she is. In fact, I just saw her yesterday. She was the one who was following me. It was now easy to guess who was after me.