Special Short Story

Seven years ago

Third-person Pov:

On December 24 around 3 p.m. in japan, A young boy was currently walking in some street alone...

???: Sighs...that's stupid...

This young boy was Fukazawa Yato

This young boy was Fukazawa Yato. He was going home after his school day ended.

Yato: Why did they put a school day on the 24 December?!

Talking to himself, a bit annoyed, he walked until he just sighed again as he started looking at the ground.

Yato: At least Touma could have waited for me instead of going with the people of the Student Council...

Touma, Yato's brother was part of the Student Council of the school that they were attending. Since it was Christmas Eve the clubs and the Students Council were doing a little party after school to celebrate.

But since Yato had no friends or wasn't part of any club...he was walking alone as soon as school ended.

But suddenly...

???: You wassup with this annoying air?

Hearing this voice, Yato just started to smile as he raised his head to look in front of him.

Yato: Hey Keisuke!

Indeed it was Yato's best and only friend, Baji Keisuke. 

Keisuke was two years older than Yato but they still became close friends after the event of their first encounter. Keisuke was in a similar situation to Yato which is...not having too many friends. 

But instead of Yato, which was due to his attitude and the difference between him and kids of his age...

Keisuke was due to his bad reputation as a "delinquent" around his school. He seemed like a bad kid but the reality was the total opposite. He was just stronger and wasn't scared to pick up fights with people of his age and even older than him... aside from this, he was a kind person who was doing everything for the best of his sister and his mother since their dad abandoned them when Keisuke's sister Gou was born.

Keisuke: I knew you would go home as soon as school ended so I just ran here 

They were both going to different schools but in their free time, they were almost always together.

Yato then just walked to Keisuke who was further ahead of him and both started to walk side by side...

Yato: So are you going straight to my house or do you need to stop by your house first?

Hearing this Keisuke seemed a bit hesitant as he started to scratch the back of his head.

Keisuke: You know...are you sure it doesn't bother your parents? I don't want that Gou and I ruin your Christmas Eve in family...