Prologue Part I

It was a day like any other as Harrison rubbed his eyes awake to the sound of his alarm (welcome to Wano from one piece). The morning air was cool and the sun was yet to arise from the depths of the sky as it was 6:05 am. Harrison very much grumbling to himself shock the wryness from himself and threw the covers off of himself, and swung his legs to the side of his bed letting his feet touch the rough carpet underfoot. With a yawn and one final stretch, Harrison stood from his place of slumber and began to set about his typical morning routine. 

He left his room groggily stumbling into the bathroom, the cold tile floor being a nice sensation that followed up his back. His place wasn't anything special as he had been living on his own for a while now having to support himself on his part-time job working as a secretary for his uncle's law firm. The bathroom had nothing but the necessities enough towels for one person, soap, his toothbrush, etc. The only thing out of ordinary was the expensive facial soap and cologne he had as he took pride in how others saw him despite the hypocritical nature of that idea. With a long sigh, he began to brush his teeth with the same mundane enthusiasm of an office worker, working the same 9 to 5 job that they will die doing.

The reflection he saw staring back at him was no surprise to him, a tall lengthy man with long brown hair, he had bags under his deep brown eyes, not to mention his slightly crooked nose only he seemed to notice. At the end of the day, he wasn't anything special to speak of at all. After Harrison finished brushing his teeth and taking a swig of mouthwash that was minty enough to sting the inside of his mouth he exited the bathroom heading back towards his room. 

(Harrison with the exception of eye color)

When he entered he turned on the warm yellow light which illuminated the room well despite the lack of sunlight at this time of day. Once again he lived pretty simply with only a few things in his room his bed with simple brown bedsheets now messy from his sleep, his black desk with homework from last night still strewn about on it, and the handful of figures he had on said desk his most valued one being a pristine figure of Artoria Pendragon (Saber) from the original Fate Stay Night. (As seen below)

He smiled reminiscing on the hassle it was to get that figure

He smiled reminiscing on the hassle it was to get that figure. Without further delay, Harrison began to get dressed for school. Stepping out of his basketball shorts and graphic tee he wore to bed he changed into a nice white collared shirt before throwing a beige sweater over it and putting his favorite pair of blue jeans on that fit just right. While he began to slip his black belt through the belt loops of the pants Harrison said to himself, "Just the way to start a new day right?" Checking the time on his phone he realized it was 6:15 am just about the time he should leave. Quickly he grabbed the homework strewn around on his desk not noticing the drawing he crafted last night got swept up as well, stuffing all the papers in his backpack he zipped up the gray bag up and slung it over his back. Lastly, Harrison reached for his keys and his wallet stuffing them both into his left pocket.

With one last sigh and bounce on his heels, he set off out of his room towards the front door, which was at the other side of his railroad apartment (meaning all the rooms are connected one after another). When he passed the room where he had a small table where he had most of his meals he saw his most cherished possession, a picture of both of his parents and himself in front of their old house when he was 6 years old. "Be home soon," Harrison muttered to himself dejectedly paying his respects to the 11-year-old picture. Without further delay, he exited the apartment his Uncle had helped secure for him looking back at the worn wooden door that was very much in need of cleaning. "Tomorrow," Harrison confirmed in a tone of affirmation making his way down the 5 flights of stairs to get to the ground floor again.

The cool breeze of the night air shocked him slightly and made him glad he had worn his sweater today. Not to mention the twang sound made each step he took descending the metal steps that reverberated throughout the concrete tube that was the stairwell he found himself in. After the small trek made down the steps, Harrison made it to the parking lot of the Avalon Apartments. That name always made him laugh as the thoughts of what his typical joke was involving the name returned to the forefront of his mind "Don't get me wrong the apartments aren't terrible but they are certainly not heaven."

The parking lot was almost full to capacity with cars from every price range as many of the people who lived in this apartment complex still slept. "I still dislike I wasn't able to get a spot closer," Harison curses himself as he crosses the large parking lot making his way to the vehicle his dad left him before he disappeared. It wasn't anything crazy, it was just his father's project car. A turquoise Porsche 944 that had racing seats and aftermarket coil-overs put in. However, after Harrison's parents disappeared he took it on as his own project car putting in matte white rims, beefing up the engine internals for a turbocharger, a custom exhaust system, as well as adding a short-throw shifter to name a few of his modifications all done in his friend's garage. (It looks similar to the picture below)

He smiled to himself admiring his work as he unlocked the driver's side door and threw his back into the passenger seat

He smiled to himself admiring his work as he unlocked the driver's side door and threw his back into the passenger seat. The cold feeling of the seat began to set into his bones as he pushed the key into the ignition and turned it, sending the car into a loud rumble as the engine turned over and began to even itself out. "Alright let's go."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, all I am going to be putting out this story hopefully in weekly bursts, and sorry if it is a little slow going, as dumb as it may sound I am trying not to imitate the high-octane instant conflict grabbing I have seen a lot of authors use on this site (not that there is anything wrong with that, just not my style). So yes I hope you all enjoyed the little foray into Harrison's life before everything gets flipped on its head and some of the much-needed truth opens his eyes. With that, I will be seeing you all on the other side.