Chapter LXIII: Ragging

The world lit up a tinted red that felt familiar yet strange to Harrison as he looked around trying to grasp his surroundings. He did not have that much time to take in all of the new information as it flooded his brain, realizing as the knife coming for him was tracing along one of the cracks in the world he could see clearly, his own. He had maybe a fraction of a second to do anything, and so when Shiki saw him whip his arm around behind him, she couldn't help but smile, as the tree he was pressed into was shattered into pieces allowing Harrison's body to fall backward out of the way of her knife. 

Harrison rolled backward quickly getting to his feet yet when he looked up Shiki was gone. That was until the sensation of cold steel pressed against his neck reaffirmed she was indeed behind him. However, just as quickly did the sensation appear it left as Shiki removed the knife from his throat and walked out in front of him slowly. Harrison immediately dropped into his fighting stance, however, as he looked over Shiki he noticed something odd with his mystic eyes. The cracks in the world that every object seemed to share, Shiki's form shifted and moved weirdly as if they were glitching for lack of a better word. 

She held the knife out to Harrison the hilt towards him. "What is this for," Harrison said still on edge the wounds he had accrued over the battle really starting to take a toll on his body. "Those cracks you see, you'll need a good tool to follow them," Rougi Shiki said simply unmoving. "Regardless we are in the middle of a fight why'd you stop," Harrison continued quizickly, as his breathing became labored. "It is simple you have satisfied me to more of an extent than continuing this could, and you'll end up needing this knife more than I do now. So take it and turn those mystic eyes off the fight is over," Rougi Shiki said in more of a more commanding tone than before. However, Harrison knew her well enough that she wasn't someone to mistrust and if she said something, she definitely meant it. Blinking hard he tried to activate the circuits in his eyes again, but some didn't reactivate, though from the looks of it his mystic eyes were back to being blocked. Hesitantly he took the hilt of the simple knife. It was well-balanced and felt light, for whatever reason despite Harrison never having used one before he felt completely comfortable with how it felt in his hands. 

(The blade in question)

"Thank you-" Harrison was cut off by the lack of oxygen entering his lungs as a swift back kick impacted his chest knocking him unconscious almost immediately. "You need rest and that beast needs to stop holding back," Rougi Shiki said as she began making her way toward her master and Jalter.

-----

Jalter had been on her last legs for a while now, but being crushed underfoot by a master was a new low for her. As she lacked the strength to even get up and by all metrics was a rather pathetic opponent. "You know why I came for you Jeanne because I know heroic spirits can't grow, they can't change once you see them fight it's all over for them. You are whatever the grail decides and nothing more than a tool for a magus to make use of, and clearly, your master was terrible at that," Jess stated continuing to add force to Jalter's temple. However, Jalter wasn't concerned about that, the words Jess said truly infuriated her. She grit her teeth hard enough to crush steel easily.

Suddenly the pressure on her temple lessened and then disappeared entirely. Jalter was then forced up by her hair as her face was made level with Jess. "I guess this is over huh, now that your master has been defeated there is no reason to play with you anymore," Jess said before kicking Jalter a couple of feet away as she tumbled to the ground. Jess backed up slowly raising both hands in the air and with the sound of bone breaking the area around the two of them reflected a mass of red light. As Jalter strained to look up she saw a massive ball of concentrated mana. "NOW DIE," Jess cried out before throwing the ball of energy toward Jalter.

The resulting impact shook the very ground itself as the ball of energy dug itself into the ground. As the magecraft reached its climax Shiki appeared beside her master, who was holding her right arm which seemed to be mangled. Whatever magecraft she used was quite self-destructive. "Well Shiki it's over right," Jess said with absolute confidence. Shiki responded simply, "Then why haven't we been booted from the room?" Jess slowly turned her head to look back to where she was sure the magecraft impacted Jalter. In her mind, there was no way she could have dodged or withstood that technique. "No then the master must still be awake," Jess said in a panic as this creeping sensation began to make its way up her back. "No I assure you he was left unconscious," Shiki once again responded matter of factly. As the magecraft ended Jess was unable to pull her eyes away from the dust cloud obscuring the impact sight. "That magecraft hits with a such ferocity only a ragging dragon could match it," she said. 

If only she knew that is exactly what she was up against.