Chapter XCIII: Frosted

The grumbling from Jalter and Yor did not let up through the rest of dinner especially as Salter only started to act coyer about the whole ordeal. Harrison tried to justify the meeting under a serious tone, but it's hard to do that when one is planning to go to an ice ring. Stella thankfully worked at the mall that Salter was referring to and so gave Harrison and Salter some insider information some less helpful than others. Harrison's favorite being, "It's going to be cold don't forget to bring a jacket," of course Harrison was planning to bring a jacket what kind of advice is that, it is an ice ring after all.

Regardless as they finished cleaning the kitchen Salter was the first to leave to get ready, what Harrison found interesting however was Yor's instance of helping. To the point that she brought Salter out to her mobile mansion to "spruce her up." Harrison didn't really know what to expect but he wasn't 100 percent focused on that. His mind was still toiling over what they had learned at the end of their trip to that pocket dimension. He couldn't understand exactly what the game master's goals were and why he went through all the trouble he did, it just didn't make sense. Then there were some of the other smaller questions, like Uriel and the servant who was commanding a second servant in the tournament and what happened to him. Of course, Harrison wasn't even going to touch the time wonkiness of how many days passed in the span of one in the real world.

"So sunglasses inside a weird look for you, plus you cut your hair too," Stella's interjection took Harrison right out of his own thoughts as he scrubbed a dish. "Oh yeah haha it was getting pretty long, and the glasses well my eyes aren't exactly right anymore," Harrison tried to laugh off. "Okay hold up first things first your eyes aren't right?" Stella asked worry evident in her voice. "Long story short I got magic eyes and these sunglasses allow me to see things normally," Harrison said with an awkward smile. "Alright I- I am just not even going to get into that now I guess, what about your hair though I thought you loved how your hair looked decided it was time to change it up... OH NO LOOK AT IT, SOMEONE CHOPPED IT OFF IN A FIGHT DIDN'T THEY," Stella almost yelled the last bit as if it was some grand realization. "Umm no I cut it, I actually didn't like how my hair looked so I chopped it down to something much more manageable," Harrison responded now a little angry that his new haircut was chalked up to being a mistake. Though running his hand through his hair he felt slightly at ease by it, reassuring his decision.

Thankfully before Stella could say anything else stupid Yor threw the door open and BB flew in done up in some gameshow outfit. "On tonight's game of, WILL HARRISON SIMP... Simp... simp, we have our most promising candidate yet. The hero of sunsets, the dark-tainted tyrant, standing at a whopping 5' (154cm) and weighing in at a staggering 92lbs (42kg)... SALTERRRRR!!!" BB announced as if it was some sort of wrestling match, accompanied by epic music, fireworks, and fake cheers from the nonexistent audience.  Harrison could not care less for any of that however as his breath was completely stolen by Salter herself.

Dressed in simple blue jeans with a white sleeveless sweater the look was simple yet ever alluring. The showstopper however was the long brown coat that hung loosely off her shoulders and was clearly the centerpiece of the entire outfit.

 The showstopper however was the long brown coat that hung loosely off her shoulders and was clearly the centerpiece of the entire outfit

(Salter's outfit in question, and go check out mashu_003 for more awesome FGO art)

Salter waved weekly at Harrison as she wore an awkward smile as all eyes turned to her. That is until Yor pushed her way past Salter and to BB. "Caster what are you doing I said an entrance like a Rom-Com or something, not a WWE match!" Yor berated her servant for how she had handled the entrance. It was as all the chaos was unfolding that Harrison stole Salter away and quickly ran out of the small apartment. 

"We should probably leave before anyone notices right," Harrison said as the two of them stood outside the door and on the cusp of a hectic mess. Salter suddenly started to laugh as she held her stomach an infectious smile growing across her face. "Righter haha a group of friends we have got huh," she said through tearful laughter that slowly spread to Harrison. Harrison couldn't help but think wistfully of Salter as he looked at her smiling face, something of beauty no less. Over the past couple of days that smile had become increasingly rare and it was reassuring to see it make an appearance once again. It was one of those moments in which Harrison looked on at the world in a different light. Just for a moment, he allowed himself to forget about everything outside of that moment, if just for a moment he felt that on this stairwell, at this moment that is where he belonged with her. 

"What's that look all about," Salter asked snapping Harrison from his thoughts. "Come on if you were so in a rush what are you staring at," she continued now poking Harrison's shoulder. "Hey stop that will you," he tried to weakly defend himself from the onslaught of pokes and prods. Then the sound of a jingle met his ear, "Hehe got your keys," Salter said with a devilish smile as Harrison's eyes went wide. Salter recognizing the danger of the situation bounded down the stairs as Harrison attempted to keep up. "HEY GIVE THOSE BACK YOU," he called out after her. "Nah I was , now I am going to drive," Salter said sticking her tongue out at Harrison as they tumbled down the stairs wrapped up in an elite game of keep away.