Chapter LXVI: Lack

"Alright then," Harrison said with a sigh pushing himself onto the edge of the bed before getting up, his injuries healing as the meeting dragged on. Everyone watched Harrison who moments ago had fractured ribs and pierced organs walk toward Arcueid as if he was perfectly fine barely even a limp noticeable. "So Arcueid what made you volunteer to fight for a previous enemy," Harrison said with newfound seriousness. "I- well it Angel asked me if I would, after I- well her... my other self lost," Arcueid struggled with the words slightly. "Regardless I plan to show you exactly what I can when not bogged down by command seals," she continued with a fist pump. 

Harrison looked her over again at the mention of the command seals, he did think it was weird that the other master only had two command seals, and when he had noticed seeming more command seal connection between Arcueid and her master. It was at this moment that a question came to Harrison's mind, "Actually what happened to your master," he asked bluntly. Arcueid rubbed the back of her head backwardly, "He isn't one anymore so I am without a contract at the moment, not that it's necessarily a bad thing I kind of want to disappear from this war entirely." Harrison nodded and then turned on his heel and began to walk back toward Jalter and Morgan. 

"Then please I have no interest in keeping you here if you do wish to take part in this war," Harrison said dismissing the girl. Harrison didn't see the multitude of reactions from all those around him as he said this. Angel's smile, the shocked faces of both Alice and Zerik, and the knowing smile of Salter. Jalter was in a terrible state, she had small cuts all over her body and one large cut across her entire body from her collarbone to her thigh. Not to mention her right arm which seemed to have been twisted and then burned. "What did you do?" he mumbled under his breath as it felt like there was a lead ball in his stomach weighing him down.

It was Salter's turn to be comforting as she wrapped her arms around Harrison from behind, sensing his guilt, and held him close, as she rested her head against his back. "Come on Jalter wouldn't want you to stand around feeling sorry for her, she'd want you to kick ass," Salter said as she squeezed Harrison slightly. With a deep breath, Harrison looked up to address the room of people who had for all intensive purposes been frozen in shock, mainly due to shock at his recovery and treatment of a servant. "Alright everyone let's finish out strong," Harrison said more like a conviction for himself than anything else. However, as if his words spurred everyone back to life Alice immediately spoke up. "Harrison since you are going into battle with Salter soon shouldn't I have Caster work on you," she said motioning to Morgan who was still concentrating hard on healing Jalter.

"No," Harrison said simply. "Morg- Caster will stay focused on Jalter who is in a critical condition. Angel if you would please take Arcueid somewhere nice until her magical energy runs out so she can return to the thrown of heroes nicely. As for you Zerik you said that one is forced to fight with as many servants as they have if both parties are equal?" Harrison ended his orders with a question as everyone began to move into file. Salter stuck close to Harrison as Angel, and Arcueid left the room, and Alice tried to support Morgan. "Yes that is how I believe it to work," Zerik said uncertain of where Harrison was going with that information. 

"Do you know if they teleport both servants because from what I've experienced unless the servant was in spirit form only the master was forcibly teleported," Harrison said causing Zerik's eyes to widen in surprise. "You can't be serious," Zerik said standing up in shock. "Salter, would you be okay if we fought against two servants and one master just the two of us? I know you said it is stupid to fight 3 on two like that but I think we can do this, after all, I will be the one to help carry you to victory," Harrison said looking into Salter's eyes. Salter was still torn up about some things and still wasn't feeling herself, however, quite possibly the reason she wasn't feeling herself was the only reason she knew to tell Harrison, "Let's win it." As Salter knew Harrison and if she wasn't up to it, he would most likely charge in there by himself and there is no chance he could win in a three-on-one situation like that.

"With that settled Zerik is there anything else you can tell me about Jessica before the match begins," Harrison asked with a serious expression on his face. Zerik only flashed him a smile that said, you're an idiot but I can't stop you I guess so here we go. Occasionally Harrison would look to the timer on the window and take note of the decreasing time before the next fight, he knew he would only have five minutes after the match is announced for last-minute preparations. However, the time leading up to that flew by incredibly quickly as Harrison and Zerik planned with the help of Alice and Salter. Not to mention the intermitted checking on Jalter and reassuring her sleeping form that he would win no matter what. After all, "I owe you one," he said with a sorrowful smile as the timer on the window finally displayed the five-minute mark.

"Let's do this dance,"