Chapter CVI: Yor

Yor had somehow managed to conviced BB to wait in the apartment and watch from inside, as she walked over to where her duel would be taking place. Yor only decided on this outcome as it would allow for BB to protect the building and surrounding area from any blowback damage. "I like your planning skills but I don't think this will last long enough where your servant being stationed where they wouldn't make any difference," Scathach said as if reading Yor's mind. She even led Yor to the same place their fight had ended last time, the only difference being the scorched marks and damages from that night were healed only ever slightly.

"Before we begin let me ask you a question, and don't be pressured to answer it now, but are you doing this for your father or for him," Scathach words hit hard as they rang throughout Yor's mind immediately throwing her off her game. For the first time in a long time, Yor was caught off guard entirely both mentally and physically as a leg struck her in the side of the head sending her tumbling. "You shouldn't let your guard down like that, as a magus that should be obvious," Scatach taunted almost as if she was teaching a disciple. Yor got up incredibly quickly swinging herself to her feet as she held her now bleeding head. "You ever think the same about yourself," Yor smiled and with a snap of her fingers, the Earth around Scathach erupted forcing her to jump back off balance.

Yor was no savant in hand-to-hand combat but her magecraft wasn't well suited for ranged combat either. Regardless she tried to clear her foggy head as she headed for Scathach. She clashed with Scathach with surprising proficiency now, of course, Scathach was outpacing Yor tenfold but for every ten hard blows, Scathach landed Yor got one off, which surprised the servant greatly. This however was not a winning strategy as in no time flat Yor would be out of it entirely and she still had the fight to win. 'Why did I agree to this I could have let her take that spear it meant nothing to me.' "I told you to focus on me," Scatach yelled as she kneed Yor in the gut knocking the air from her entirely. 

She rolled to the ground again grass and dirt sticking to the blood that ran down her body as more and more wounds pilled up. "Get up-" Scathach stopped mid-sentence as the air around her twisted unnaturally ripping some of the Earth she was just standing on to ruble. "zerreißen," Yor had stated a simple magecraft of her family that twisted and tore at a spot within space. "That is new," Scathach replied as she now took more caution with each step letting Yor struggle to stand back on her feet. "Yeah, I was never too great at spells like that," Yor coughed admitting to a failure something incredibly unheard of for her.

The problem with Reverant family magic was that to cast such unstable magecraft one mind had to be incredibly level, which typically came with age leading the heads of her family to most often be in their late 50s, except her father who took the crest at the age of 30, unheard of at the time. Yor being a teenager who was already mentally unstable mixed with the current events her magecraft was incredibly weak and limited but she would need it if she was to win this fight. 

'That face is scheming something I need to finish this before she gets any bright ideas,' Scathach thought to herself as she looked at Yor. Yor's expression had changed from the fearful and nervous one at the start of the battle to someone with determination though it was still clear her mind had been yet to be made up. Yor's mind was in samples as it raced around like a torrent of thought, however through that storm there was one thing she knew, 'This will not be the place I fall.'

Scathach lept, no longer playing as she could feel the favor of the fight shift toward Yor. A fist came screaming at Yor like lightning streaking across the air, "zerreißen," and instantly the fist was torn off track as Scathach was thrown to the ground. Yor had to grit her teeth to keep herself from falling to the ground. Scathach quickly countered by kicking Yor in the gut sending her into the air, "Try using magecraft now you fink," Scathach cursed to herself. Time seemed to slow in Yor's vision as Scathach jumped after her flipping in midair before bringing heal down on her chest causing more blood to spew from her mouth before she was rocketed into the ground.

Dust obscured the damages dealt and as Scathach landed easily she looked behind her almost assured of her victory with a hand on her hip. "This gift was meant for H.R, so I didn't want to use it here but you already cracked it," Yor's voice was horse and gurgly as she spoke. "What are you?" Scathach asked as she couldn't have imagined the third-rate magus surviving all of this beating. Then suddenly a loud crack rang through the forested area followed by a large gust of wind that exploded the dust around Yor. Arcs of turquoise lighting slammed the ground around her as two parts of a metal cylinder fell to the floor beside her. 

Her eyes were bright turquoise to match and the rest of her body seemed to turn an ominous black in the spout of power. Yor's mind was still foggy with uncertainty but at the moment she shoved the thoughts to the back of her mind as she stared deep into Scathach's soul.

 Yor's mind was still foggy with uncertainty but at the moment she shoved the thoughts to the back of her mind as she stared deep into Scathach's soul

(Yor right now)