Chapter LXXXIX: Recompense

The red-coated Archer slowly emerged from the forestry surrounding the area. Blood trickled down his face and his clothes were similarly ripped to shreds like Harrison's but he was still standing and breathing. He walked to Stella's side and gave her a slight head pat of endearment as he took a place beside Harrison. "You think I can wield a lance," Harrison said looking over at Archer. "Only one way to find out right, let's finish this," Archer affirmed. 

Scathach tsked her tongue at the two very injured combatants. The only thing keeping her from ending things at that moment was the fact that Harrison not only stopped Gae Bulg but held it firmly in his hands as if it was his spear. Even still Scathach knew that he wouldn't be able to use the true power of the spear without being taught its technique. "I only see two men on borrowed time what do you mean to finish this-" Scatach stopped suddenly as there was the sound of two bodies hitting the floor. A little ways off in the distance everyone could see Salter and Jalter now covered in grass and dust standing up quickly as if to say, "No one saw that."

However, as soon as they meet eyes with Harrison and then by proxy Scathach no words need to be uttered for them to grasp the meaning. Jalter exhaled sharply as Salter rushed in summoning her blade. "Damnit," Scathach mumbled to herself as she jumped away from Salter's strike which buried her blade deep in the tree behind Scathach. "Ichi no Kata: Ryū shikon," Jalter's words echoed throughout the forest as she appeared in front of Scathach sword held high. Jalter seemed to be surrounded by a Dragon's mouth made of purplish flames. Harrison could only assume that Yoriichi had taught her some sort of dragon-breathing style.

As Jalter swung downward however Scathach disappeared entirely even as the dragon slammed its teeth together causing a loud boom to ring out. "Thank god," Harrison said before he fell backward into Yor's arms. Salter and Jalter were soon to rush toward Harrison as well worry plastered on their faces. "W-what happened we weren't there much longer than Harrison," Salter said kneeling next to Yor and Harrison. "So much," Yor said softly yet refusing to let go of Harrison the one who had just saved her life. Jalter elbowed Salter in the side and motioned her head towards Yor's face of happy crying.

"Yeah let's get them inside, but where is Annabell," Salter asked helping Stella to her feet as Jalter scooped up both Yor and Harrison effortlessly. 

-----

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I SLEPT THROUGH ALL OF THAT," Annabell protested fury written all across her face as she couldn't comprehend the fact that all the events had happened while she was asleep. "Frankly I can't believe it either," Salter commented. "He caught a spear you couldn't even block with advance level magecraft," she continued. "Your Master is really in a class of his own," Archer responded as he prepared tea for Stella and Yor. "Even more so we can't even get him to let go of the stupid spear it's like it's cemented to his hand," Jalter commented on how they had spent the last hour trying to remove the spear Gae Bulg from Harrison's grasp yet even in his unconscious state he was unable to let the weapon go.

It was now Yor's turn to be upset. "You know what's more is the number of times you guys were in trouble," Yor produces a simple metal cylinder she had given Harrison before he left, "and he still never used this, I bet he totally forgot about it." Salter piped up in response to this, "In his defense, if this were a web novel or something you did give it to him in the middle of chapter 40, 49 chapters ago to be precise I wouldn't blame the writer for forgetting about that either," all gathered parties looked at Salter as if she was spitting nonsense. 

"You know what forget about that I have no idea what I was talking about haha," she tries to recover unceremoniously. A weak voice then reached the ears of all gathered. "I don't know I think I understand it, but if this really was a story like that where is the main character's harem... Okay yeah not funny got it," Harrison said as he slid into a seat next to Salter, all the women in the room having stared daggers at him earlier.

------

Hey, we did it at the end of arc two. I got some more good stuff planned and sorry for all the meta humor but I just couldn't help myself.