Salter's War Flames

Often times Lancer's master would go out on patrol or disappear to some extent without them, leaving Lancer with her master's wife. Today was no different from that as she spent her time asking Lancer hundreds of questions both about her past and the present. Surprisingly Lancer didn't mind the onslaught of questions as it made her feel normal which was a new feeling for a king. "So you are pretty well versed in magecraft right," she asks suddenly throwing Lancer off as this is the first time she has called Lancer's combat abilities into question. Answering smoothly like a well-mannered leader Lancer responds, "While in this form I have limited access to the more magical abilities of other classes I might be able to be summoned as, yes I would consider myself semi-versed in magecraft."

She suddenly stands up spinning in a small circle causing her dress to flourish slightly, "Could you show me some," she says an excited look on her face. Lancer slowly stands as if still encumbered by heavy armor, "I will show you to the best of my abilities but I doubt it will make much sense to you," she says flatly. She seems to be taken aback by this assertation her platinum hair flying all over the place as she is aghast. "I will have you know I am a better magus then [̶̧̛͕̦͉̟̖̝͙̱̼̌͛͒͆̓͒̈̀̎̎̊̃̎̕͜ͅḙ̸͉̩͚͇̒̍͛̏͑̇̈͊̎̋̈̚r̷̥̘͙͉̥̅̍͛͂̌̊r̷͇͇̜̠̓ǫ̵̢̧̧̹̼͈̹̠͙̓̀̋͊̒̍̑̕͠͝r̴̢̨̳̺̲͚̜̘̖͈̼͍͚̰̖͆͆̈́̈́̑͒̇͋̍͘]̴̢̛͕̥̲̹̣̮̈́̂͗̎̂̍̏̒," she says with a pout. Now it was Lancer's turn to be confused as she wasn't made aware that she had any magical ability whatsoever. Lancer relishing in this shoots a previously asked question back at her, "Can you show me?"

Her cheeks puff out as she stamps her foot onto the soft carpet, "OF COURSE I COULD AND PROBABLY BETTER THAN YOU," she shouts at Lancer. Lancer can't help but laugh at this as she uses a free hand to cover her mouth trying to hide it. "D-don't laugh at me," she says before grabbing Lancer by her arm and pulling her outside. The cool night breeze is refreshing and leaves Lancer's skin with goosebumps. The girl pulling Lancer around begins to roll up the sleeve of her dress at the same time. When they exited the small home to the even smaller backyard, the sun had already set hours ago, leaving them cloaked in darkness. Yet she seemed to glow a faint white that Lancer had only been able to notice in the utter absence of other light sources.

She sat Lancer down against a tree that was in the yard while she stepped to the center of the yard pushing up her other sleeve. "I'm still mad at you, you know," she said before turning around completely exposing her back to Lancer as she faced the house. Lancer saw her shoulders rise with a deep breath as her hair and dress began to flutter in the growing wind. It didn't take long for blueish-green lines to break out across her frame as the magic circuits activated. A crest showed brightly against her back filtering through the white dress that hung around her frame. It was two wings elegantly enclosed in the confines of a shield, Lancer didn't recognize the house but she knew a magus crest when she saw one.

However, what was incredibly unfamiliar to her was the type of magecraft she used as her magic circuits began to lift off her body, arching bolts of mana carrying between her skin and her circuits. Lancer even as a lancer class resistant to magical effects could feel the power emanating from this woman as it felt like gravity had been turned up. Lancer saw her slowly start to levitate a few inches above the ground as she slowly turned to view Lancer's face of awe. "Pretty cool right," she said as her circuits returned to her frame as she touched the ground gracefully. Lancer moved to get up clapping lightly at the display, however, in the corner of her vision a glint of a metal object caught her eye.

Lancer's transition from her lax pace to one of supreme urgency was instant. She threw herself towards her master's wife taking them both to the floor with a crash. "[̶̧̛͕̦͉̟̖̝͙̱̼̌͛͒͆̓͒̈̀̎̎̊̃̎̕͜ͅḙ̸͉̩͚͇̒̍͛̏͑̇̈͊̎̋̈̚r̷̥̘͙͉̥̅̍͛͂̌̊r̷͇͇̜̠̓ǫ̵̢̧̧̹̼͈̹̠͙̓̀̋͊̒̍̑̕͠͝r̴̢̨̳̺̲͚̜̘̖͈̼͍͚̰̖͆͆̈́̈́̑͒̇͋̍͘]̴̢̛͕̥̲̹̣̮̈́̂͗̎̂̍̏̒ their seems to be an assassin type servant after you stay behind me," Lancer shouts back without turning trusting in her. The woman behind Lancer nods in acknowledgment her magic circuits flaring to life once again. Lancer summoned her lance to her side her eyes darting across the seemingly more dreadful night searching for anything, she could still sense the servant close by she just couldn't see where it was. That is until it made the mistake of revealing itself.