Chapter LXXXI: Flag

"I see so you are familiar with me, it is too bad that I couldn't care less for your name," Michikatsu says with a sneer. A moment passes before blue flames erupt in the sky in front of Harrison and Jalter. They needn't look up to know how long they had, so neither of the gathered people removed their gazes from one another. Sweat slowly trickled down the side of Harrison's face as tension built. Reaching behind him, he gripped the hilt of the Shiki's knife, and at the same time, Michikatsu grabbed at his hilt.

"I am sorry that you have chosen to fight fair, my master does not do such things so I wish you the best of luck, now that he has suffused me with all the mana he can I'm unstoppable," Michikatsu explained as the timer turned to one-second remaining. "Wait then is he unconscious already," Harrison couldn't help but ask. "Yes," Michikatsu exclaimed with a wild grin as the timer struck zero, seemingly at that moment he lunged at Harrison and Jalter with the speed of lighting. Exhaling what looked like steam he brought his sword back, "Hachi no kata: Getsuryū Rinbi," Michikatsu exclaimed as he swung his sword in a wide arc, creating many smaller crescent-shaped blades to sprout from the slash.

Jalter immediately jumped back deflecting the brunt of the smaller blades, Harrison activated his mystic eyes and gazed at the technique entirely if only for a second before he hit the ground hard to dodge the blow that efficiently cleaved through the homes and trees surrounding the area as if they weren't even there. "If dodging is all you can do this fight is as good as over for you both," Michikatsu taunted as he brandished his blade before striking down at Harrison. Harrison was not untrained in the way of the blade, however, having spared many times against, Salter, Jalter, Archer, and Sakata so he surprised Michikatsu when he quickly sprang to his feet and struck out deflecting the blow with his small knife.

"You'd be surprised how resilient our little team can be," Harrison said as he caught his breath. He assumed his taunt would serve as a distraction allowing Jalter to get in close but he severely underestimated his opponent. As even without his eyes on her when she got within striking distance he easily whirled around, "Ni no kata: Shuka no Rōgetsu," he exclaimed once again invoking his moon breathing style as he deflected the blows from Jalter easily with large crescent moon slashes. Harrison wasn't so simple or honorable as to give this master swordsman one on one treatment and rushed him down as he was busy with Jalter.

Though to the surprise of all but Michikatsu Harrison only managed to get a small scrape off before he was struck with a large blow leaving a large gash down his chest. "Shit," Jalter exclaimed as she lept after him flipping over Michikatsu easily. "Righter are you okay," she asked simply helping him to his feet. "Yes tis but a scratch you know," Harrison grimaced at his joke. Jalter and Harrison turned to face down the menace that was Michikatsu. Other than the small nick Harrison had left him on his arm, he seemed to be completely fine. Harrison even using his mystic eyes couldn't make out the lines that lead to death it was as if he was immortal. However, he did notice Jalter's breathing had changed, "Ichi no kata: Shiranui," Jalter mumbled under her breath. 

Within an instant, a blaze of flames lit up across a line from where Jalter was until 100ft away about 20ft past Michikatsu. Jalter's breathing was ragged and her arm that held the blazing sword seemed to be burned. Michikatsu's eyes were wide with anger the arm he had used to block was singed and burned along the large cut Jalter had caused. Slowly he turned to face Jalter who was now behind him. "You dare use a poor imitation of my brother's technique," Michikatsu exclaimed rage evident in his tone. Jalter only gave him a half-smile as she tried to catch her ragged breath. Harrison's mind was spinning. 

Had Jalter just used flame breathing from demon slayer, just by reading the manga? Not only that but it seemed to wound her body, could it be that she is more similar to a demon than a human? Though it seems that the wound she caused with that one blow has inflicted much more damage than anything else we've been able to do, her breathing style is the only way we could win but she'll probably kill herself before Michikatsu if she keeps this up.

Of course, Jalter knew this as well, before coming to this tournament she practiced many different sword skills she had gleaned from the manga she read, perhaps it was a latent ability of hers, but she doubted it. Nevertheless, the breathing styles from Demon Slayer always hurt her body whenever she used them, most likely it had to do with her alter form, not that she could do anything about that, however. "I will do you the luxury swordsman on killing you both quickly," Michikatsu said with a sneer as purplish energy infused his body. Then with a  loud boom and a flash of light, his more recognizable form and most likely noble phantasm revealed itself. The wounds on his body began to heel almost instantly with this new form.

 The wounds on his body began to heel almost instantly with this new form

With four extra eyes, he took on his demon persona. Despite Harrison's mystic eyes, Jalter reacted first as the demon whirled around causing a cascade of crescent moon blades to suffuse the surroundings. "Ku no kata: Rengoku," Jalter claimed as she exhaled sharply getting into a high place before shooting off with newfound power flames surrounding her like a large dragon as she sped past Michikatsu instead using the power of the strike to try and stop most of the crescent strikes against Harrison in the process she was hit in the crossfire. Harrison stood there stunned as his right side was torn up from the attack and as Jalter stood bleeding and raged before him. "J-" Harrison tried to protest. "Shut up and stay focused or we are both dead," she said cutting him off. 

"The last ember of a dying fire is that it," Michikatsu taunted. "Yes you can't even use breathing anymore after that display, to think you pushed me to use this form like this," he continued. It was at this point that Harrison knew the risk Jalter just took to protect him instead of using that technique to strike back. "It is time I end this, Jū Shi no kata: Kyōhen - Tenman Sengetsu,"  Michikatsu uses his sword to create a chaotic vortex of powerful extremely long-ranged Omni-directional slashes that destroyed whatever was caught up within its attack radius. At the moment the attack was launched Jalter knew she had two options, run in and try and strike first which would most likely be able to give her a one-up in the fight but lead to Harrison being knocked out or worse, or she could double back and save him but lead them into an even worse position.

Despite saying it was a choice there was no second option for Jalter, no she knew that for the first time, she would put someone holistically before herself or her mission. The sound of crashing metal and explosions rang in Harrison's ear as light and dust obscured his vision. As the dust cleared a voice familiar yet commanding to a point it seemed foreign rang out, "I AM THE HOLY MAIDEN OF SALVATION YOUR STRIKE SHALL NOT SUNDER MY FLAG," Jeanne of Arc cried out in place of Jalter.