Chapter LVI: Beyond

When Harrison stumbled out of the room around hours later his entire left side was numb. "I can't believe she slept for so long, and after acting all tough... haha though it was a relief she only wanted to cuddle," Harrison sighed to himself. He looked over the room and Jalter was sprawled out across the couch sleeping on top of her sketchbook. "I owe you something," Harrison laughed to himself as he made his way to the two doors at the end of the room. Harrison grabbed a water bottle on his way out of the room not bothering to wake either of his sleeping partners electing instead to venture out into the common room without any accompaniment. 

He opened the door the bright white abyss no longer shocking him as if this was typical. He crossed the threshold into the busy common area although once again there were even fewer people mulling about in the now-empty seeming common area. Though for the first time Harrison took notice of the different theming within the common area, for example, the area he typically found himself starting in was a modern bar, but there were western-themed areas and steampunk areas among many others. Not really seeing anyone he recognized Harrison took a seat at one of the tables and cracked open the water bottle he took from his room, sipping the cool water slowly. Before he knew it he was drawing again, an activity of his he had neglected for a while now that Jalter reminded him off. To celebrate his inspiration the piece surrounded her.

Though unusual from his typical pieces which start with a subject and a story is built around them, Harrison started with a field of flowers. One that was familiar yet distant, and before he knew it the field led to a coastline, bisected by a wonderful smiling Jalter as she danced and spun in the field. Though Harrison couldn't help but continue adding a heavy plate mail mask, bones stuck from the sides of the Earth, and a large glacier could be visible on the horizon. A soft tap on his shoulder interrupted his introspective thinking. "Can I sit here," a soft feminine voice asked from behind Harrison's left shoulder. 

Harrison turned to look the woman in the face. She wore a black mask that obscured the bottom of her face, and she had a blue and black baseball cap on with the hood from her black Gorillazas sweatshirt over that. Though what stood out to Harrison the most was her blue eyes and her platinum blonde hair with red tips. "Oh uhh... yeah sure," Harrison said without thinking. The girl then sat across from Harrison briefly looking at the drawing he had almost finished. The girl took a deep breath before she spoke again. 

"My servant is worried about you," she said as if they knew each other personally. "W-what!?!" Harrison exclaimed immediately confused. "She said that it was not the right time to meet yet and had asked me if I could deliver the message to you," she said once again nonchalantly. "I don't even know your name and your servant is worried about me, who are you?" Harrison once again questioned the girl. "How rude of me I am sorry, my name is Alice Treaty," the girl responded seeming to shrink slightly at the mention of her social behavior. It was at this moment that Harrison realized who the girl was, and why he had this sinking feeling when he recognized her. She was the girl from the library. Harrison slammed his hands on the table and got up with such force it threw the chair behind him a couple of paces away. "No I refuse to listen to what you have to say," Harrison said with a stern voice which only added to the shock the girl felt. Without another word Harrison stormed off in the opposite direction, "Wait, the message!" Alice called after him.

Harrison did not flinch, did not hesitate, he just continued to walk, what had happened because of this girl was no good and he refused to listen to her. He would not make the mistake of chasing random masters and getting himself in trouble. "Just be careful with your-" Alice's voice cut off completely as Harrison teleported back to his room. Marching in like a drill Sargent was the one thing Angel wasn't expecting on Harrison's return. As Harrison's sight returned to him, he saw Jalter up again and she was talking with Angel, although Harrison had no idea how she got to his room or had access to it. "Angel what are you doing here," Harrison asked bluntly a tinge of his mood slipping into his displeased tone and mannerisms. 

Angel was a tad taken aback by his tone but quickly recovered assuming a negative confrontation must have happened in the common room she got on with her message. "Har-" Immediately upon going to speak she was interrupted by the hologram of the game master that appeared in the middle of the room. The blue fire hologram spun above the center of the room flourishing extravagantly. "I have some great news everyone! There are now 10 confirmed core masters in the holy grail war," the hologram communicated as Harrison's eyes went wide at the news. There were only supposed to be 7 there couldn't be any more or else something was very wrong with the war, at least from what Annabelle and Yor had told him.

The hologram then continued after only a moment to dramatize the moment. "If you don't know the significance of that news, basically the holy war is broken, and that is great news for me. I won't elaborate too much but the more masters there are and clearly, there are way more than intended by the fact there are over 7 core masters and probably even more candidates, the more servants that can be killed and the more potent the grail can be. With no other way to pull a servant into the world without the help of a Ruler class or another master being selected, there is a finite amount of power to go around. Though with this the grail will be so strong that any wish may truly be possible," the hologram cut off with a vicious cackle that shook the entire room. Harrison like the room was shaken to his very core everything about that news was bad, he thought about the ruler class and how they should be maintaining order yet there seemed to be none. Harrison's breathing began to quicken as his vision fell out of focus, and his heart beat rapidly totally out of control.