Chapter X: Exspendature

As Harrison gets out of the car he can't help but let his mind wander to what Salter had said earlier, "Maybe someone in my family was a mage huh?" He is quickly brought back to reality by a strong tug on his sleeve. He looks down to see Salter with a worried look on her face, "Are these all really stores, aren't we going to get lost in that mess of people and shops, how can they have so much to sell." Harrison pats the top of her head and shows her a smile as he wipes a small tear from his face, "Don't be intimidated by it, I'll be with you every step of the way."

As Harrison sets off Salter seemingly shrinking her presence wraps her arms around Harrison's as they walk off towards the mall. Putting two and two together Harrison realizes that Salter may have some outstanding issues with large crowds and takes note of that for future notice as her normal intimidating knightly exterior is reduced to ashes in the presence of prying eyes. 

Thankfully Harrison has been to this outlet a couple of times as he typically goes when he has nothing better to do, or absently sketch a scene or picture at the coffee shop that's there. Now being fully aware of Salter's meek attitude in the presence of swabs of people, Harrison carries the currently shaking with anxiety Salter into one of the closest stores to give her a break. Immediately upon entering he feels her body relax and she lets out a sigh that tells him she has been holding her breath since she arrived. "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea," he says under his breath before piping up with more volume, "Salter if you wa-."

Salter's attitude returned to normal as soon as they came back into the store as she now darted from section to section amazed at all the goods on display. "Righter look at this. Wait no over here. Oh my, look at this. Can you believe one merchant can sell so many things and in all different sizes." The growing smile on Salter helps ease Harrison's worries as she explores the store pulling him along wherever she goes. Her excitement immediately focuses on one object in particular however as she finds a small plushie of a fluffy white dog.

 Her excitement immediately focuses on one object in particular however as she finds a small plushie of a fluffy white dog

Salter turns slowly holding her prize with her jaw a gasp in amazement. "We have to get it, look feel how soft it is," she tries to convince Harrison as she forcibly rubs the plush against his face.  "Okay okay would you get that thing away from my face," Harrison tries to say as he fails to defend himself from the onslaught of adorable plush pummeling he is getting from Salter. "He is not something he is Cavall III" Salter proclaims loudly retracting the plush to coddle it. They spend a while longer in the store as Salter gets acquainted with the modern amenities of industrial manufacturing, before moving to the next store.

While the previous store had clothing items and other miscellaneous goods, the one that Salter and Harrison dart into next is completely focused on textiles. Trying not to let his background knowledge of Salter influence him too much as she is her own person he takes her to a store with all different types of clothes in which he can narrow it down further "yes the perfect plan," his train of thought is then interrupted as he yells at Salter "No get down from there you don't have to climb up there to reach that section, just ask someone to help you!" Salter lands with a thud back on the ground having dropped from 10ft up with Cavall III still in her arms, "Oh yeah maybe that would be easier."