The Summoning (Salter's Perspective)

The space between realms was a place similar to the many ideas of purgatory. Where the infinitely spanning heroic spirits resided was not a place of things but of the lack. The lack of pain, the lack of suffering, however with that came, the lack of joy, the lack of conscious thought as the mind drifted through a state of awareness and not. This is the place all heroic spirits came after their respective Holy Grail war, and this is where Salter rested in a dreamlike state yet to be called upon by the pull of the Grail.

Ba-dump, Ba-dump, a sickening sound echoed throughout her skull. The sound of a heartbeat heavy with strain beating itself onward. The sounds of a fire crackling in the distance, the shouts of unknown voices, and the feeling of warm blood coating one's hands. These were all familiar sounds and feelings to Salter, but these were not her own feelings she realized. It was then that an image snuck its way into her mind. "Heh," she let out a small laugh as a piece of paper seemingly unfolded itself in her mind, revealing a sketch of her. It was then that she felt a tug in the pit of her stomach. She was to be summoned, and this person seemed amusing to her. Memories and ideas flooded her mind as the Grail took the liberty to catch her up on the time period she would be summoned into.

 Memories and ideas flooded her mind as the Grail took the liberty to catch her up on the time period she would be summoned into

(A Sketch of my own based on a piece originally published by Noir)

The crackle of lighting and a deepening pressure began to sit on her surroundings as she heard the rush of papers and wind all around her. Salter let out a strong exhale as her senses began to return to her ever slowly.

Her blood-red eyes shot open before returning to their normal yellow coloration as she took in her surroundings. A cold tile floor that was once white, was now stained with dirt and miscellaneous trash, papers with strange markings on them were everywhere and interesting metal tube machines were in lockers all around her. Salter clicked her tongue in distaste, however, before she could make much of a fuss. When the sense of her Master's current condition hit her. "On the brink of death already," she fused to herself deciding not to stick around in the disgusting room she was summoned in. It was like learning how to walk again as Salter immediately threw herself into a wall of lockers, denting them severely. The magical energy she was getting from her Master was insane, especially with how hurt they must have been, it was actually throwing off the senses that have yet to fully return to her. "Fuck," she cursed to herself as she reached her hand outward.

The sound of a being unsheathed with a hiss rang out in the cramped room as Salter threw herself from the lockers and began to pull her sword from an extra-dimensional space. Her trusty Excalibur a black blade with pulsing red accents "sharp enough to cut down the forces of God himself or something of the like," she thought to herself. Rushing out of the building and kicking up a storm of papers with her she came across a set of metal double doors, in her haste and not having the time to waste on another stop or slow down, Salter brought her arm back. And with another glare of her piercing vision, she thrust her fist outward striking the thick metal doors blowing them clean off their hinges with ease, leaving a large indent in the two of them. Despite this, she didn't account for the brick pillar only 15 feet (5 meters) from the door as she flew into said pillar her sudden stop sending debris everywhere. Once again Salter clicked her tongue with distaste as she was able to see the scene unfolding in front of her, once the dust began to settle. About 500 ft away (155 meters away) she saw a Master and servant... "Is that me!" Salter exclaimed looking at Artoria Pendragon who she was the Alter Ego version of.