Chapter XXXIX: Debate

"What are you crazy," Yor said clearly flabbergasted at everyone's incompetence. "We are not accepting the invitation, that is such a clear trap," she continues still in a pretty upset mood. "Yor what about the possibility of information gathering though, you said it yourself we don't know enough," Annabelle countered after being silent for a long moment during Harrison's reading of the letter. 

Harrison and Stella with their accompanying familiars went back to Harrison's apartment after Yor refused to go to Stella's house stating it was not adequate for a mage. When they arrived Annabelle and Sakata were up and around though Annabelle said she felt like she had a terrible headache, despite this Harrison got a big hug from Annabelle and a bone-crushing one from Sakata. Nevertheless, soon after they arrived Yor arrived already in a terrible mood at the fact Harrison kept going out on his own, "What even is the point of an alliance," she scolded him. Nevertheless soon after they had settled down Harrison began to read the letter for a second time which only seemed to anger Yor more. "HOW DO THEY KNOW ALL OF THIS HUH," she would scold them.

"OH ANNABELLE I KNOW YOU JUST WOKE UP AND ALL BUT I WILL NOT HESITATE TO MAKE SURE YOU DON'T WAKE UP AGAIN," Yor threatened the child. All the while Salter and Archer stood leaning against the far wall arms crossed as they looked down at the proceedings like benevolent gods. "It is just too risky we can't go," Yor finished taking a seat a pouty expression over her face. That is when an idea makes its way to Harrison. "It never said we all had to go," he says trying to sound confident.

"No, you are not suggesting what I think you are H.R," Yor counters as she stands back up and walks over to Harrison. "The letter was addressed to me and I have two servants giving me the strongest fighting chance, and if anything bad happens I have the highest regeneration rate. Not to mention Salter is a great tactician and Jalter can be ferocious when the situation calls for it, one of us at least has to go and it should be me," he says gaining confidence with each word.

"Gosh, you sound like the main character of some poorly written Wattpad fan fiction," Yor scoffs as she turns around. "What?" Harrison responds confused. "Nothing, if you are that persistent in going we will vote on it, I'll call out one of our names and all in favor of that person going will raise their hands, the person with the most votes will accept the invitation." Yor lays out the rules. The vote then commences as each master in the room has their name called and the subsequent people vote.

Yor: 2
Annabelle: 2
Stella: 2
Harrison: 3...

"THAT'S NOT FAIR YOU ONLY ONE BECAUSE YOU HAVE MORE SERVANTS," Yor yells out aggravated as BB is forced to hold her back from beating Harrison. It is not my fault you didn't realize the flaw of your system, of course, everyone and their servants were going to vote for themselves. "I- GUAH, SALTER SAY SOMETHING TO HIM YOU ARE SENSIBLE," Yor now pulled Salter into the mess. "Harrison I think you are taking a large risk, however as far as tactics are concerned the probability to gain large sums of information on other masters or servants is very high, and for that reason, I support your decision." At this point, Yor's body goes limp as BB carries her out of the room. "FINE SEE IF I CARE IF YOU DIIIIIE!" Yor gets one last quip in before being fully subdued.

"I guess I got to accept huh," Harrison asks to the gathered faces who nod in approval waiting to see what happens. He holds the letter up in front of his face and sucks in a deep breath. "I accept the invitation," he says aloud with eyes closed half expecting the letter to burst into flames and teleport him onto the moon or something. None of that happens however, the only thing that changes in fact is a small list added to the bottom of the letter appears. 

"Entering Master(s): Harrison Righter
Servant(s): Saber, Beserker"

"I guess that is it huh no exploding or teleporting, neat," Harrison says aloud as he stuffs the letter into his pocket. "Well in the letter it did say you would be teleported when the event starts or something along those lines," Annabelle chimes in. "Then we should make sure those three are in the best shape of their lives," Archer contributes. Harrison turns to see the two heroic spirits of his behind him and he can't help but smile. "So 80s training montage," Harrison says as he puts both hands in front of his face shadow boxing.

------

"UGH I am so tired," Harrison complains loudly as his face slams against his desk. Baron turns around to biff him off the back of the head, "Pull yourself together school just started what were you out partying last night or something?" Harrison pushes himself up so he is sitting back up. "Nah I bet you were rocking the bed with those two huh," he continues ruffling Harrison's hair. "Not with those devils," as the flashbacks of Yor, Salter, Jalter, Annabelle, and Archer's harsh ideas of training. Baron shoots Harrison a very confused look, "Devils?"

"Have you ever run 3 miles at midnight studying magecraft with an 8-year-old riding on your shoulders all the while a hulk of a man chases you with an Archer trying to kill you the entire time, NO I THINK NOT," Harrison gets a little snappy. Baron sucks in air through their teeth, "Yesh you must have had one weird dream," they say. "NO NO NO I SWEAR IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED BARON YOU GOT TO BELIEVE ME," Harrison called out as Baron slowly turned in his seat turning his back to Harrison. "No come on there isn't an ounce of sympathy in that cunning smile for me," Harrison argues. Yet despite this Harrison can't help his thoughts from working their way to the angel of death that works under him, "Salter," he mumbles as he smiles.

 Yet despite this Harrison can't help his thoughts from working their way to the angel of death that works under him, "Salter," he mumbles as he smiles