Chapter I: Haze

Harrison faded in and out of sleep as his dream seemed to shift scenes weirdly. He was in that field of flowers again the moist and cool grass underfoot was a nice sensation. The citrus smell in the air made him take slow and gradual breaths, he took in what was around him, not thinking of the events of the past. His mind was in a state of rest, a state of calm. He couldn't explain why but as his body relaxed and he fell to his knees wobbling despite him not being able to discern a sense of pain or sadness. Harrison just was in this moment, where his mind was perfectly tuned to his emotional spectrum, and the tears fell without restraint. Harrison just slowly began to lay on his left side stretching out his body in the field of somewhat plush flowers and grass.

When he closed his eyes he was no longer in the serene clearing, now he heard the constant rumbling of an engine. "Was that my car," he thought barely able to remain present in the current space. Just like that, however, his attention was stolen by the soft circular motions made by someone's fingers through his hair. The pleasant feeling one gets when being cared for while being sick, or being held close by a loved one washed over him, and the guilt he wasn't aware of holding seemed to melt off of him in waves. His body shuddered under this mysterious touch but at the moment Harrison was less concerned by who and just enjoyed the moment.

Opening his eyes again and he was on a beach as the water from the ocean slowly lapped at his unmoving body. He began to slowly sit himself up pushing his hands slightly into the soft wet sand that gave marginally under his weight. A sea breeze that tasted of salt moved its way through his senses. The course particles seemed to wash over him in a manner that sent shivers down his spine as if he was in the cold without a jacket, or the automatic AC turned on overhead. Leaning back on his hands and letting the waves wash over him again he closed his eyes.

He continued to feel water wash over his chest periodically spreading warmth throughout his chest. As his nose began to pick up the faint scents of vanilla Harrison ventured to open his eyes. He was in a tub and his head swam just like the water his body was submerged in, up to half of his chest. The water he realized that was hitting him periodically was the work of someone as a delicate hand holding a sponge washed his chest, gently moving in light circles. Harrison didn't notice the large gash in his chest that was where blood was leaking from, nor did he even commit a single thought to who was it behind him holding him close as they washed his broken body.

A bed of snow awaited Harrison next when he opened his eyes. It was cold all around him in the snow but for some reason, he wasn't fearful wasn't scared wasn't dreadful. He simply was. He shuddered slightly as with each passing second the cold all around him sept into his skin more and more, however, there was a warm blanket that was thrust upon him, fighting off the cold if just barely. He couldn't move but the sudden warmth made a smile cross his face ever so slowly.

Pale "yellow eyes," were all Harrison could think as he stared into the eyes that seemed to be filled with so much unfairly harbored sadness. Harrison saw tears fall from the yellow eyes as they looked into his own. Mustering every ounce of strength Harrison could he laid his palm on the top of the head the eyes belonged to and with a smile closed his eyes for the final time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now it begins. But no in all fairness the chapters leading up to this point were there to set the pace and tone for the rest of the story to follow, but now I get to really dive into the Fate stuff and my own original spice I plan on adding. As a little idea think Holy Grail War with infinite masters and servants... Welp that's all for now folks see you in the next chapters.