Chapter XCI: Starlight

Harrison made his way to the front of his home trying his best not to wake anyone. "It's like 1 am no one should be up," he mumbled to himself as he threw on some sneakers and opened the door to the outside realm a place that he often frequented. With a sigh, he left his apartment and looked towards the dark sky the stars twinkling in the distance. For a moment he could swear that they were watching him like eyes. Shaking his head he made his way down the metal steps toward the floor each step echoing off the concert walls. Harrison threw both hands behind his head as he took a couple of steps into the parking lot watching the trailer that Yor slept in.

He found himself gazing back up at the stars moments later, however. Harrison's mind was racing with the events that had transpired in the reality marble. Harrison thought back to Zerik and Alice, Morgan and Muramasa, Uriel and Yoriichi, he missed them all already, especially the last two. Maybe that is exactly why the stars seemed to burn brighter today. Uriel was still watching over everyone making sure that they were safe. Yoriichi well he was something that Harrison would carry with him on a daily basis, he found it hard to think of many people he could respect to the degree of the selfless swordsman.

'Just like Sophies.. . .'

The ever-noble and impressive Yoriichi reminded Harrison of Sophie and her servant. Harrison couldn't help but feel a pit in his stomach as he thought of what might have become of them since they lost. In the best-case scenario, they were both left with one command seal, in the worst case well, Harrison didn't want to think about that. A light seemed to illuminate suddenly from the heavens as it reached the car that sat parked right beside Yor's campervan. A blue Porsche 944. "I haven't worked on you in a while haven't I," Harrison said to himself as he ran a hand along the body of the car illuminated beautifully by the starlight. "Heh, I used to think if I was a heroic spirit I'd be a Rider class because of you..." Harrison's words trailed off as he suddenly got the urge to work on his car. It always helped clear his thoughts anyways so 'why not' he thought.

He slipped into the familiar seat of his car and breathed in the memories of it all. "Let's take you to get detailed shall we, I think I know a 24-hour car wash," Harrison said as he stuck the keys into the ignition. Then pressing in the clutch he let out a silent apology knowing just how loud his car could be and then without further ado turned the car over. The small turbo 4 banger flared to life and the familiar rumble reached Harrison's hands through the steering wheel. The radio was soon to kick in as well turning over to some jazz song Harrison couldn't recognize but loved all the same. 

The car felt like an extension of Harrison and as he drove it he would tend to lose himself to the mechanical nature of it all. The rumbling of the engine the shifting of gears the sound of the exhaust, all melted into perfect harmony around him. That quickly brought to the surface memories Harrison had thought he had forgotten. Memories of him and his father first getting the car and taking it on long drives. "Geez I miss those days more and more huh," Harrison sighed as he slowly pulled into his destination the journey a complete blur in his mind. 

"Welp let's get down to business eh," Harrison said to himself as he pulled into one of the many booths in which you could park your car. Each booth had a hose to spray water and a hose to spray foaming soap. Not to mention the rack where sponges and towels are for use with the car wash. Rifling through his pockets Harrison quickly produced a crisp 10-dollar bill and slid it into the small machine buying him some time at the car wash. Harrison began to rinse his car over. He could see the lines of dirt roll off his car as he began the relaxing practice of taking care of the things he owned. Next came the layer of soap which happened to be a nice shade of pink and layered on top of the rims and pristine blue of the body. Harrison let it sink before he began to gently whip the soap off the car scrubbing the dirt off the corners of the rims and shining the headlights. 

Harrison spent easily 3 hours coming over every inch of the vehicle and bringing it back to its original shine. With a sigh, Harrison looked over his hard work, "Time to get home isn't it," Harrison got back into his car as his eyelids became heavy. He took a deep breath and started the car the magic gone from its touch with the onset of tiredness that struck him. 

----

The door slowly came to a close as Harrison tried his best to sneak back into the apartment. Harrison slowly slipped off his shoes and kicked them to the side of the entrance. With that, the lights suddenly came on in the entranceway. Harrison's muscles tensed and Harrison slowly looked down the hall to see Salter standing leaning against the wall with the light switch. "Walking all by yourself handsome," she said with a sarcastic tone that felt like she was alluding to something. "Hey, Salter what are you doing up-" Harrison tried to calm the raging beast down as he spoke. "What am I doing up, what are you doing alone out there, it isn't safe in the least bit," she commented stepping up to Harrison somehow despite being shorter than him she appeared to be double his size. "Heh yeah..." he replied weekly in response.