Chapter LXXIX: Deja Vu

After the three of them had finished their explanations they were hit with an onslaught of questions and clarification, especially Salter and Jalter. Harrison however wasn't feeling very well at all, disregarding the physical injuries he felt as if something was going to change drastically sooner or later. So as everyone caught up with Salter and Jalter, Harrison took the opportunity to slip out of the room into the common area. 

The common area was completely deserted. There weren't even the bartenders or anyone else in the uniforms Harrison saw the previous days. Regardless he took a seat at one of the small tables. Harrison could barely walk or stand for that matter, so he more or less fell into the seat with a thump. Slowly a sigh escaped his lips as he gazed outward at the empty chairs all around. He couldn't help himself from thinking back to only a couple of days ago with the antics going on in his small apartment. It was only now that Harrison realized how much he missed, Yor, Annabelle, Stella, Sakata, Archer, and BB. It just didn't feel right without them here with him.

"What's on your mind," Salter's voice came from behind Harrison as she rested a hand on his shoulder. She took a seat in front of Harrison as he responded, "Better question how did you escape their questioning?" Salter let out a small laugh at his question. "Jalter was showing off her Dragon Heart so I had the perfect opportunity to see where you went," she said as if it was the simplest thing in the world to do. Harrison seemed to be on the verge of tears for some reason Salter couldn't figure out. From what she knew he wasn't the type to cry because of pain or injury so it couldn't be that yet he looked at her, no more accurately through her with a sense of sorrow. "Righter," she said almost unsure of herself. Thankfully her voice seemed to bring him back to reality as he quickly wiped the tears from his face. "Ah sorry was zoning out there for a second thinking about your wish and all," Harrison said with a laugh. 

"Oh, that..." it was Salter's turn to sound sorrowful as she was reminded of what she had told Harrison her wish was. She hadn't thought about it much since then. Just before she could pick it apart Harrison stood slowly and carefully so as to not fall. "Don't worry about it I'll make sure you get the wish you deserve, do you think you can help me up I want to stretch my legs," Harrison said turning and motioning for Salter to follow.

-----

"Don Maclean," Harrison echoed as he looked at the name that appeared on his window. It was now only himself and his two servants everyone else had left to deal with their own fights coming up. Harrison couldn't help the nerves that welled up inside of him for some reason he felt just off about this final match more so than any other. "Don't worry about this one, we got it, especially since we don't have to hold back right?" Jalter asked as she squeezed Harrison in a tight hug making sure to look back at Salter as she did so. "Yeah I guess so," Harrison responded patting the top of Jalter's head.

"Oh-oh if we win I heard there was going to be a convention-" Jalter started seemingly already making plans for the future not that Harrison minded. "Sure thing," he said his mind elsewhere at the moment. He hadn't heard anything about Don and so he was a little nervous to see what he would be bringing to the table as a Master, or maybe it was his servant that was the root of Harrison's nervousness. He just couldn't tell at the moment, what is up with me. It was as sudden as being hit by a freight train that Harrison's vision went black and his body went limp.

-----

Harrison's eyes slowly opened once again as he found himself on the floor judging by how it felt it seemed to be some sort of cobbled stone path. Though the sky above him seemed clear as day. Harrison sat up and looked around recognizing the area as somewhere he had been before. It was a little cold for the jeans and t-shirt Harrison was wearing. People started to filter past him on the street not paying any attention to him as they seemed captivated by something else.

"The Dragon Witch will be put to death finally!" he caught one of the townsfolk saying to another as they passed by Harrison. Shaking his head Harrison jumped to his feet and looked in the direction the townsfolk were heading. "France..." Harrison said to himself as everything seemed to hit him at once. His body filled with strength as he rushed after the townsfolk. "This couldn't be... the execution of Jeanne of Arc," he said to himself as he approached a large crowd. There would be no way for him to see around the large gathering but there were buildings to his left. Without a further moment's hesitation, he leaped into the air on top of the building. Clearly, he saw Jeanne of Arc at the stake ready to be burned. 

He was a little revealed not to see Jalter however, "Wait." A little bit ways away he could see her she seemed to be talking to someone the way her mouth moved. "I must be here for a reason," Harrison said to himself as he began to jump from rooftop to rooftop to reach the center of the crowd. "See what I mean this is what happens when you do everything right you get burned at the stake," Jalter scoffed not even looking away from Jeanne. "Maybe however if it is God's will then so be it," Jeanne responded almost silently. "You will realize what it is to put something before yourself eventually," she continued however what creeped Harrison out was when Jeanne looked at him directly and smiled.