Chapter LXXI: Life

"A Jetfighter how in the hell am I supposed to deal with that," Harrison laughed to himself with a tinge of sorrow. Yet, he smiled onward towards Berserker who piloted the jet from on top of it. The sounds of the missiles that came from the jet were surreal as Harrison didn't feel like an action hero in a video game or movie at all. He ran with all his might pumping his legs and clenching his jaw with everything he could muster. When the missiles struck the ground near him he was blinded and deafened momentarily as the large explosives injured him. He couldn't feel the left side of his body as he forced himself to get up in the heap of smoke and dust.

Blood poured from his mouth like a river yet Harrison didn't mind still that smile was plastered on his face stupidly. The ringing in Harrison's ears was so loud that he didn't hear the rev of a large machine gun coming to life just beyond the cloud of dust and smoke. Harrison held his left side with his hand to try and minimize the bleeding in his most injured area. With his free hand, he waved away the smoke, Harrison's eyes widened as he looked on at Berserker about 50ft away holding a Gatling gun.

Harrison only saw the consentient muzzle flash as uncountable rounds were unloaded into his flesh blowing chunks out of him. "Missles and now this, what kind of monster is Lancelot," Harrison mumbled to himself as he tried to fight his brain's automatic response to shut down.

------

Salter was by no means winning her own fight but now it wasn't as bad of a wash as she was able to put up a pretty decent fight against Mordred, no longer getting thrown around so much. "YOU ARE A FAILURE OF A FATHER YOU KNOW THAT!" Mordred shouted in anger as her fists clashed with Salter's blade. Salter looked on at Mordred with a lack of emotion which contrasted with Mordred's face of contorted anger and rage. Salter couldn't really hear anything that was going on with Harrison's fight but for the first time since the match began, she came within a distance in which she could see the battle unfolding.

It immediately stole her attention as she glanced to the side of Mordred only to see two explosions go off near Harrison, who already looked injured. Mordred struck her blade with a force she wasn't prepared for bringing her to her knees. "Good just like how it should be, you on your knees before the true ruler of Camelot," Mordred said however her words fell on deaf ears as Salter's attention was fully on what was going on behind Mordred. Berserker pulled out a large gun that Salter intrinsically knew to mean certain death for Harrison. 

The muzzle flared up with a roar similar to that of a lion or a dragon as hundreds of projectiles flew into the severely injured Harrison. Mordred finally thought she got a reaction out of Salter as her eyes lit up with rage, in a flash a boot was planted in her stomach making her cough blood for the first time in the entire tournament as she flew hundreds of feet away. Salter looked on at Harrison as she pulled her arm back.

-----

The onslaught let up for a second and Harrison to even his surprise regained his wits immediately exhaling hard as blood streamed out from every hole in his being. His left shoulder lit up a blueish green as a magic crest made itself visible. Before Harrison's magic circuits exploded from his arms forming a barrier in front of himself, not a moment too soon another volley of bullets impacted the shield except this time they did next to nothing. "That's the thing about noble phantasms right, they can be used to bolster a heroic spirit's power, yes that's right... too bad that won't be nearly enough," Harrison said stealing a line from Salter as a smile that was similar to the one Salter used to use spread across his face.

BOOM

The sound of something breaking the sound barrier rang out before the land between Harrison and Berserker was torn to sunders. A black blade having cut through the very land. "HEY LANCELOT YOU KNOW I THANK YOU, I REALLY HAD TO SETTLE FOR GUINEVERE WHEN I SHOULD HAVE SET MY STANDARDS SO MUCH HIGHER. THANKS FOR TAKING THAT WENCH OF MY HANDS," Salter called out looking just as inane as when Harrison had first met her all those days ago. This instantly got the attention of Berserker as he began to run towards Salter. Harrison couldn't think of anyone more badass as her, and her smile softened slightly as she looked on at him, "Go," she mouthed silently as Berserker came for her from the front and a barely wounded Mordred sprang out at her from behind.

"RUN GOD DAMNIT," Harrison shouted internally not wanting to stick around any longer, he believed in Salter with all his heart she had to make it, she just had to.

-----

Salter had no idea why she did what she just did, she threw her sword hundreds of feet away, and now weaponless had to fight Mordred who she had been losing to this entire time, and an enraged Lancelot. The world slowed to a crawl as Salter breathed deep blood dripping from her mouth. "Alright, King of Knights, Dark-Tainted Tyrant, King of Storms, Goddess of Rhongomyniad, King of Maids, Lion King... FLAMES OF DREAD!" Salter invoked an ability she had been previously scared to use. However, instead of the black and red flames exploding out from her, they coated her body instead as if it was some sort of protection. Salter didn't question it she only readied herself as best as she could for taking on two incredible foes.