Chapter XVIII: Advantage

(Cover art, artist unkown)

Salter didn't wake the entire way home and had her small breaths not been evident to Harrison or his logic told him she would have disappeared, he would have long thought her to be dead. Harrison got a strange sense of Daju Vu as he carried her up to the apartment, "I guess no training tonight," he said joking with himself as he made his way up the stairs. He still couldn't shake the sense that he had been in a similar situation before despite how weird that sounded. Thankfully her heavy armor wasn't present on her frame or Harrison would have had much more difficulty carrying her up the stairs and into his apartment. "I really hope no one saw that, it would look really weird," Harrison says to himself as he closes the door behind him with his foot.

"Don't worry no one did I made sure of that," a familiar voice says from the abyss of the kitchen Harrison can't see into due to the lack of light. The light is then flicked on momentarily blinding Harrison. Yet as his vision returns to him he sees nonother than Yor, she has shoulder-length black hair that the top half is pulled into a ponytail, and she is wearing a black jacket over a blue shirt tucked into her jeans. "Y-yor how'd you get in here, also how did you know where I live?" Harrison semi-relived at the face it is someone he recognizes. "Take care of your servant first, she looks pretty beat up, we will talk once you do not have that weighing on you," she says simply as if this is an everyday occasion for her.

Not wanting to waste his chance, however, Harrison takes Salter into his bedroom to inspect her and make sure she doesn't have any outstanding wounds. An hour or so later Harrison returns to the living room an exhausted and sweating mess. He had just done an hour of nothing but pouring mana into Salter's body until the burning fever he discovered finally seemed to falter and Salter began to regain the little color she did have. Yor smiled at his return motioning for him to take a seat. "So are you going to answer my questions now," Harrison said in a tired voice as he wiped the sweat from his forehead. "I will, but for now I just want you to listen H.R.," she said, and Harrison just nodded in response too tired to actually speak. 

"Well let's not beat around the bush any further, H.R I had originally intended to speak to you tomorrow after school when I didn't have to keep a facade on anymore but it seems that can't wait. I saw your fight against those two Masters and I am certainly impressed by your ability of both you and your servant to fend off three other servants consecutively, however, we will never be able to make any offensive progress at that rate. So my Moon Cancer servant BB might be of assistance in that regard but I doubt that will be enough." At the name BB Harrison's thoughts rocket to that conniving and obnoxious spirit in Fate Grand Order, she always manages to cause trouble and isn't even that helpful. "Despite me being a fully-fledged Master and having a strong heroic spirit it would seem that still might not be enough, so I believe we will have to put your large mana storage to good use. You will have to become a core Master and take on a contract with a second heroic spirit, one of pure might.

Though to do that you will need to gather more command seals and I already know how you and I feel about killing other masters or spirits so deals are the only way that is going to happen. Gosh H.R why did you have to attract so much attention, there is a target on our back now as you might be the last core Master and the others have their eyes on you. One last thing we have to make sure..." Yor stops her ranting noticing Harrison is fast asleep on the chair in front of her. Harrison was exhausted from the fight just to have his mana forcibly drained to its lower limit, only to have it recover slightly, to once again drain it. His physical regeneration and mana regeneration were at their uppermost limits and his body desperately needed sleep to rebalance itself. "BB let's secure this place in the time being for when he wakes, we will have more to discuss then," Yor commands as another figure seems to appear from slip space. A woman with long flowing purple hair and a short cut magician's outfit on it seems, BB.

She dances in a circle sparkles and other harmless magic effects fall off her like rose petals

She dances in a circle sparkles and other harmless magic effects fall off her like rose petals. "You got it, setting up the BB news network!" BB says waving her wand around causing more sparkles to fling themselves across the room as invisible sensors are set all around the perimeter of Harrison's apartment building. "So what now Master," BB asks floating around where Harrison slept. Yor turning away to look out the window to the last remnants of the storm says, "We wait for him to wake then we hopefully finish telling him all that needs to be said." BB nods as she mhms in agreement. "Are you sure he has the magic circuits to become a core Master though," she says pressing a finger into his face.

Suddenly the world seems to flip upside as both Yor and BB experience a crushing feeling as if gravity had just quintupled forcing the two of them to their knees. Yor feels her circuits rebelling against her as she vomits a small amount of blood, it's a similar feeling to having someone crush her sternum underfoot. BB is slightly less affected and is able to look up at Harrison who is engulfed in black and red flames the blueish-green circuits piercing through the flames. Though they were unable to speak to each other, they both knew that this was fielding magecraft where a magus with dense magic circuits forces them onto their surroundings causing any number of magical effects, but someone would need to have an overwhelming difference in strength to have a crushing effect similar to what was happening. BB is also a high-level caster servant meaning her circuits should be way beyond any human.

Just as suddenly as the fielding started however it ends, allowing BB and Yor to take a much-needed breath. Through gasps, Yor asks, "What did you do," BB immediately on the defensive waves her hands. "No no no I didn't do anything I just touched him... and tried to inspect his circuit density I didn't know that would happen!" She says almost in a shout.

-----

So it has been a while since I have done a little authors notes section like this, but I was wondering what servants would you guys like to see spotlighted in the future. I have a couple of ideas but I think asking my readers' opinions on things is important. Regardless I hope you all enjoyed the chapter.