Chapter LXXX: Swordsmanship

Harrison's vision went blurry as scorching pain burned through his entire body. "Agh!" he exclaimed in pain as he fell to his knees clutching his head. He looked back up for a moment only to see the flames engulf Jeanne as Jalter turned to walk away. "Damnit," Harrison sighed as the world returned to its normal state. In the real world not even a second must have passed as Jalter, and Salter was still rushing over to Harrison as his eyes opened mid-fall. Thankfully Jalter throughout her arm and caught Harrison moments before he impacted the ground. 

"What was that about!" Jalter complained as she pulled him to his feet. "I- I do not know," Harrison said as the events of his dream? flew by in his head. "Never mind that we should get ready for what is coming next, we don't have much time now," Harrison said in a serious tone. Both servants looked at one another before looking at Harrison with skeptical glances, sighing they relinquished themselves to Harrison as they knew he was probably right. 

The room shifted around them to the training room. "Jalter didn't you say your Dragon Heart was better than my Gates of Avalon," Salter said with a sinister smile. "What of it," Jalter returned with a taunt of her own. With a flash of black and red flames, the two servants were gone, giving Harrison time to do something he wanted to do a while ago. He made his way to one of the walls and reached his hand out creating a door, he opened it slowly. It was a simple bathroom, however, he was only there for the mirror. Harrison had been growing his hair out for a couple of years and it was around mid-back length now.

He grabbed all the loose strands that fell beyond his shoulders. "It is about time I stop pretending to be someone else," Harrison said as with his other hand took out Shiki's knife, and with one smooth motion chopped 6 inches of hair off making its current length a little above shoulder length. With a sigh, Harrison looked himself over in the mirror. "People can change, people evolve, people grow, why should I harbor that to attempt to be like other people. I know who I am Harrison Righter, why should I pretend to be anyone else," he told himself before he exited the bathroom altogether.

-----

The arena Jalter and Harrison found themselves in seemed to be the first urban environment. Not a modern one though it appeared to be like feudal Japan as depicted in manga or the like. "This place seems familiar," Jalter said as Harrison and she walked around looking from area to area. "I understand what you mean but I don't think either of us has actually ever seen a place just like this," Harrison responded. 

"Oh also one thing I expected Salter or you to bring it up, but why did you cut your hair," Jalter said stopping their exploration of the arena. "Well for a long time I didn't want to be me so I figured growing my hair was just one step towards that dissociation, however, I realized over the past couple of days that I don't want to be anyone else other than me so why should I keep pretending, so I cut it to the length I, Harrison Righter, likes," Harrison responded with a  forced smile that complemented the confusing explanation.

Jalter nodded in affirmation. "Ah a master on the field with their servant how interesting," a slithering tone similar to a snake escaped from one of the homes near Harrison and Jalter. "Formation X," Harrison exclaimed instinctually as Jalter got into position. They were back to back facing outward, Harrison with his hands up, and Jalter with two of her swords unsheathed. "Please calm yourselves, I cannot hurt either of you unless risk being disqualified until the wagers are settled and the countdown hits zero, seriously they are not as sound as they once were brother," the man continued as if talking to himself.

However as if to concede with the man's mention of wager Harrison received the tablet in front of his face. "Congratulations! Since you entered first, and your opponent has more than 1 available command seal you have the opportunity to set the wager," read the screen. There was then a little bar indicating how many could be wagered leading up to how many he currently held, 24.

"Definitely just one," Harrison said not noticing as the voice revealed where they were coming from to Jalter who was behind Harrison. "R-righter..." Jalter's voice trailed off as she elbowed him in the ribs. Harrison whirled around as the tablet flew away. A worn and scared hand moved the door to one of the homes open, "I can barely remember it now isn't that sad... however I am positive this is where I grew up," the voice continued. The man that walked out wore a purple and black patterned outfit, he had red markings across his forehead and neck, not to mention the katana he had tied to his left hip.

 The man that walked out wore a purple and black patterned outfit, he had red markings across his forehead and neck, not to mention the katana he had tied to his left hip

Harrison didn't recognize the man so instantly he knew he must not be from the normal Fate universe. However, Jalter seemed to be on an incredible edge. "Jalter do you recognize who-" she cut off Harrison by elbowing him in the gut. "Did you read Demon Slayer," Jalter commented rather weirdly. "Yes but I don't have any idea why that has anything to do with this," Harrison responded confused. "All the way through," Jalter said ignoring his question. "For the last time yes Jalter all the way through now tell me what this has... anything..." Harrison's words died on his lips. "He couldn't be," Harrison said as his world began to spin wildly. 

"Michikatsu Tsugikuni, creator of Moon Breathing," Jalter said without taking her eyes off of him.