Chapter XXXIV: Purpose

The flames that flared up around Harrison's body burned unlike anything he had experienced and he still had no way to save Salter or himself. Harrison closed his eyes tightly as he held Salter close. "Please, please just be okay, I'm sorry," he whispered into her shoulder as he held her with all the strength he could muster despite being burned alive as he spoke. Harrison didn't see the flames suddenly cut off as his eyes were closed, but he felt the waves of nausea, dizziness, and lightheadedness that came over him in an instant. But he did hear it, first, the wind stopped whipping in his ears, "Rhong..." the words washed over him as it didn't register exactly who was speaking them. "...omyniad!!" it was Salter's lancer saint graph's noble phantasm. As Harrison ripped open his eyes nausea immediately hit like a ton of bricks. But he saw it, it was her.

------

Memories flooded into Salter's mind that had been foggy earlier, she had something to do but first the obstacle ahead of her. She snapped open her eyes to see Harrison clutched to her chest with his eyes slammed closed, this would not do. Salter mentally grasped the extended hand of assistance from Harrison as he willed his mana to fuel Salter, the equivalent of three command seals worth (way more than any human should be able to store nevertheless give away). Salter's form shifted in a brilliant display of light as she grew by another few inches, her body also became more muscular, as horns jutted from her head. A ticker layer of armor clinging to her body, accompanied by a glowing lance.

She also saw Jalter above them struggling in her fight, and an idea hit Salter right before she impacted the floor with Harrison in kind. Invoking the name of her legendary lance she pulled her hand holding the lance back. The wind picked up around her stopping her and Harrison's descent nicely, "Rhongomyniad!!" Salter called out thrusting her lance forward.

(Her noble phantasm is attached above Timestamp 00:45)

-----

Harrison's eyes snapped open just before she unleashed her lance. She was now only a few inches taller than him now and he immediately recognized her lancer form. He was also quick to notice that her free hand held him close. He was pressed against her chest seemingly they stood on air, nothing solid holding them 50ft above the ground.

 He was pressed against her chest seemingly they stood on air, nothing solid holding them 50ft above the ground

(Salter's current look, art by Ryai)

He didn't have a long time to consider the events as black swaths of energy flew past him the ferocity of the attack ever-present as it punched through the cell tower like an anti-tank round through paper. Harrison immediately became worried seeing the large hole that cleaved through a majority of the cell tower. "Don't worry I didn't kill anybody but I did cleave through the connections that Master had to Annabelle," Salter said as if reading his mind. "Are you sure," Harrison asked meekly still unsure, and unable to advert his gaze from the carnage. Salter ruffled his hair "I am positive Harrison," she says before slinging Harrison behind her as a horse materializes underneath him. "Let's go check on Jalter and the other master," she says before getting on the horse in front of Harrison and riding up towards the remains of the platform.