Chapter LI: Unease

After staying in the common area for a while more, Harrison's vision finally returned to normal the colors of the world once again visible to him. "What did I do, that my vision was that damaged," he mumbled to himself as Jalter and he walked. Jalter whipped around immediately the little clothing she wore threatening to expose even more of her as she did. "I haven't told you about that yet," she said almost flabbergasted. "Woah why are you mad at me, I wasn't the one who decided-" Harrison started before a swift hand was slapped across his mouth hushing him. "Okay let's go back to the room now," Jalter said with a clearly fake smile. Harrison couldn't discern why she was acting so weird but nonetheless, he learned pretty early not to ask questions when it came to his two spirits and this was no exception as he stuck his hand out summoning a door before him. "After me," Harrison said as he stepped through the door, basking the room in artificial stark white light causing a few masters to shy away like vampires.

When Harrison stepped into his room, he immediately felt something was very wrong with his connection with Salter. He has been with Salter, through sorrow, elation, battle, struggle, different forms, and dread,  but nothing ever felt like this. Harrison felt incredibly light-headed as he stumbled backward his arms flailing out to try and catch anything, except there was nothing leading to him falling on his ass. "I- what," Harrison mumbled as he looked around the training area he and Jalter had used the day prior except now sections of it were in ruins as if someone was on a rampage. Thankfully Jalter helped pull him to his feet despite his inability to stay standing because he was so dizzy. "Righter what's up," Jalter asked however her voice was hushed as she looked around the disheveled room.

When he was finally on his feet he saw Salter. She was sweating bullets, in fact, the first time Harrison had ever seen her sweat with exertion. She was breathing heavily and the grip she held Excalibur made her knuckles white. Yet, most unnerving of all was the glare she held towards him, Harrison felt it could pierce even the strongest of protections. "Jalter I'll take him," Salter said as the room shifted back to its normal appearance. Harrison or Jalter didn't even have time to react as Salter ripped him from Jalter's grip and sat him down on the couch. Before she spoke she turned her back to Harrison, he could hear her struggle to get out what she wanted to say. "Never use those eyes again," she managed to get out yet it was barely audible at all. "What ey-," Harrison stopped as Salter turned tears in her eyes. "Just don't okay, please, I know you probably don't even know how you did it and it was only because you refused to lose, but Harrison please if it comes down to it, just lose," Salter said trying her best to hide her emotions. Harrison just subconsciously responded to shock to actually spend brainpower on an insightful answer other than, "I will."

Salter never gave up on anything, Harrison could not comprehend what he must have done to worry her so. Not only that but Harrison had never heard her refer to him by his first name. "Thank you," Salter responded collecting herself once again. "I believe the countdown has started as well," she continued as she moved out of the way of the counter on the window which had begun to decline once again. Harrison wasn't concerned about that however, he was more so concerned about Salter who stormed off. When she reached the far wall a door materialized and she quickly walked into a separate room and slammed the door behind herself. Strangely enough, when the door closed Harrison did feel a little bit of the wooziness dissipate. Jalter took the opportunity to plop down next to Harrison causing the cushion he sat on to warble a bit. 

"I wonder what's her problem, I mean I am worried about your eyes too but you don't see me crying about it," Jalter scoffed as she put her foot up on the couch.  "Jalter that was rude even for you, now can you tell me exactly what happened," Harrison demanded rather seriously. "Yeah okay, I'm sorry Righter. So what happened, was after you had finished the enemy master you turned towards my fight, and for an instant you pulsed mana that shocked both me and the other servant, and in that instant, I could swear the color of your eyes changed, though they were bleeding very badly. You then kicked Arcueid across the face and once we finished with her, you started to scream in agony so I... knocked you out," Jalter admits honestly. 

"I- I am not even mad about that, though I am so close," Harrison said trying to get up, realizing he was still nauseous and then sitting back down again. "Yeah it's probably best you rest for a bit during the time before we get into another fight, hopefully, the servant is less powerful this time," Jalter jokingly said as she got up to fix herself a drink. "I highly doubt that for some reason, yeah I only feel things are going to only get more difficult. Oh, Jalter could you see what Salter wants if you are getting a drink," Harrison said as he heard the refrigerator open. Jalter rolled her eyes dramatically as she groaned in protest before walking over to the door and knocking. "What do you want tyrant," she called to Salter. "Nothing," the obvious lie response came from the other side of the door. "Welp she sai... d.. . .   ." her words died on her lips as Harrison was already up stumbling around the fully equipped kitchen. 

Jalter was so shocked that she didn't speak didn't move just watched as Harrison stumbled into cabinets and countertops as he tried to boil water. Even though he looked like a drunk elephant on ice, he was laughing every time he struggled or fell. After about 30 minutes of this, he finally walked up to Jalter with a warm mug of tea. Placing it in her still outstretched hand and closing her jaw slowly he said, "Could you give this to her please, and say it's from you," before he stumbled back onto the couch.

Jalter slowly walked back to the door still floored slightly, "Salter I made you some tea I guess, umm I will leave it here outside your door," she said as she lowered the mug to the floor. "Why-" Jalter started to ask before Harrison cut her off already knowing the question. "At the end of the day, it is what she would have done for me, and she deserves every bit of care I can give, even if I am not in the best shape," Harrison said without hesitation his face as serious as ever.