Chapter II: Burst

"Hey, you there H.R," a sweet voice pulls him from his thoughts. When his mind finally catches up to him he notices his friend Vikari a short girl with clear Irish descent evident from her blazing red curly hair. She was a petite girl who typically dressed in professional attire, especially today as she was in a cute white blouse with a sailor blue blazer and a mint green skirt. "Oh yeah sorry was I zoned out again," Harrison tries to laugh off. She tilts her head to her side as she points to Harrison's face, "Are you sure, your eyes seem to be leaking a bit." "Haha oh geez I didn't even notice thanks for looking out for me," Harrison says clearly embarrassed by the events taking place. Though he can't put a finger on why exactly he was crying. Harrison then quickly wipes the wetness from his cheek, as his arm moves to do so a phantom pain shot through his entire body as if he was stabbed. He cringed scrunching his face harshly at the sudden but fleeting pain. 

"Is everything okay!?" Vikari exclaimed as she rushed to grab Harrison holding him steady in case he feel a face of excruciating pain clearly written across his face. "Yeah yeah, I'm fine I must have just slept wrong," Harrison responds beginning to recover as they walk into math class.

Other than the abnormal start to his day Harrison's day carries on in the usual way. Not being looked at much less acknowledged by most of his classmates, though today there is an unusual hush around him as if they are all in on something he doesn't know. He can't shake this feeling that there is something he is forgetting, "What was is what was it," he thought to himself. He didn't even realize he had reached Chemistry a class that loads him up with work and stress yet he still loves it. Predictably with this class one of the first things he does even subconsciously is gather his homework from last night before turning it in. He grabs the mess of papers from his backpack haphazardly stapling them together.

About 10 minutes into class Harrison gets the sudden urge to check on his best friend, Garner. "Hey, Garner I just wanted to make sure you are doing alright?" the text reads. A quick response comes in as Harrison begins to read the small wall of text, "Yeah I'm fine, but I am more concerned about you John has been telling people all over the school that he was going to meet-" is all Harrison manages to read. That is before his Chemistry teacher interrupts stating, "Mr.Righter are you present, or is your cellphone more important?" Harrison just nods somehow Harrison feels like he already knows the subject of the message. Harrison's memory allows him to eliminate any remaining thoughts on the message he received from Garner. As chemistry ends and he begins making his way to his last class of the day Contemporary History, taught by one of his favorite teachers. 

However, after a class as mentally taxing as Chemistry Harrison's mind begins to wander as it tends to do. Thinking of a place he doesn't recognize a field littered with bodies and blood so dense you can't see the grass underfoot. Eyebrows furrowed Harrison scowls, "It is almost like a memory," he says to himself. He is so in his own head that he doesn't notice that everyone is whispering and muttering to themselves as soon as he enters the room.

"Alright, class that's enough I hope everyone is ready to get started," Harrison hears a stern voice which snaps him back to reality ope there goes gravity. He looks up to find his teacher, Mr.Wetherspoon, to be in front of the class taking attendance as he normally does on any other day. Mr.Wetherspoon is also pretty nerdy like Harrison enjoying his fair share of anime and video games some of his favorites being Elden Ring and Dragon Ball Fighterz. The class continues pretty normally without any abnormalities as Mr.Wetherspoon continues his lecture about the Cold Wars escalation in the early 50s. Yet Harrison can't shake a sense of Deja vu as he is seemingly able to guess the words right before they come out of his teacher's mouth. Soon the all too familiar bell goes off though interrupting Harrison's teacher's closing remarks as the students seem to almost sprint out of the room rather unusually. 

Harrison clearly didn't get the message however as he began to pack up his notes which were just blank pieces of lined paper taken out before Harrison got lost in his own head. When he had finished putting his things away and slung his backpack over his shoulder Mr.Wetherspoon stopped him putting a hand on Harrison's shoulder. "Be careful kid alright," he said with a tinge of sorrow in the back of his throat as he kneaded his eyebrows with his index finger and thumb. "Yeah of course Mr.Wetherspoon, try try again correct?" Harrison said with a self-satisfied nod. "You know what kiddo don't worry about it," Mr.Wetherspoon said dismissively as he let go of Harrison's shoulder, Harrison now with the pressure alleviated realized how tightly he was being held as if Mr.Wetherspoon was afraid to lose him. "I'll see you tomorrow got it," Harrison said very confused by recent events as he left the classroom. Harrison typically stuck around school until most everyone was gone again just in case anyone needed help with anything or something along those lines.

When Harrison walked down the halls he felt as if there was a target on his back or something as many kids even those he didn't know scrambled to get away from him or avoided looking at him entirely. He was sure something was up now and he just wanted to get home and away from this icky creeping dread that seemed to encircle him. However, he just swallowed his dread as he headed for his typical secluded spot in the school art room where he was sure not to be bothered. 

Two hours after school had ended and with almost every student and teacher at home, Harrison began to almost jog to where his car was parked which seemed miles away as his anxiety built and built. "I got to get out of here," he muttered pulling his car keys out of his pocket as he approached his car. Even while being alone in the art room he just could shake the feeling that something was very wrong. The direction Harrison was coming from was the art and band wing of the school with larger classrooms and more specialized sections. 

(I plan on using a couple of different themes and music for events in different chapters I just thought this was very fitting as Harrison awakens his magic.)

Harrison stopped suddenly before passing the black van that was parked beside his car. His eyes widened in shock as he felt that the next step would be his last. How did he know, what was this feeling of doom if nothing was done, this stress. Were all thoughts that flew through his head as blueish-green circuits began to trace their way along his skin outlining his arms and legs specifically. On his right shoulder, a symbol flickered with the same blueish-green energy. "I have to win," Harrison said before exclaiming loudly "AD ASTRA!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how was it, weird right if you look at this chapter and the third prologue chapter they are almost identical except for a few differences as Harrison's body remembered his past. I took inspiration from Fate Hollow/Ataraxia so expect more to be expanded on this later. Regardless I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and trying to find all the subtle differences before the very end.