Chapter XLIX: Perception

Harrison looked at Jalter whose mouth was also agape. "So yeah, she told us I'd say," Harrison said still mid-recovery from the verbal thrashing he got from an 8-year-old. "Do you have an idea how to look at the replays," Harrison asked after a moment. "I am sorry Righter but alas I am, oh who am I kidding trying to talk like Salter like that is going to help. No, I have no fucking idea," Jalter says throwing her arms to her side. "Hmmm access battle replays," Harrison says aloud with false confidence. "That'll never-" Jalter is cut of by the holograms that populate the small booth. One has categories, Draw, Disqualification, Servant as Master, 2v2, and 3v3 another hologram has a bar labeled search by name. Not only that but to the side of each label was a number most likely indicating the amount that fits into the category. There was only one category with a 1 the Servant as Master category, which immediately drew Harrison's eye, especially because he didn't have anyone specific he was looking for.

"Servant as Master," Harrison said lacking confidence in his choice still. The main screen then enlarged before shifting to show a different choice. Two bodies detected, spectator or perspective view, it read. Looking at Jalter for guidance she shrugged her shoulders before responding to the prompt, "Spectator mode," Jalter said. The feeling that washed over Harrison was similar that to ridding a rollercoaster while being violently ill, as he felt his perspective shift and warble. Soon enough after his vision was finished swimming he realized he was floating above a similar-looking arena to the one Jalter and himself had fought in earlier. The major difference was the four people distributed across the field. Harrison didn't realize how greyed out his vision had been until it was replaced by this view showing him real color again.

On the side he levitated over there was a man in a nice suit and standing next to him was a mech Harrison was very familiar with, "Mysterious Heroine XX," he said to himself. However, it became clear to Harrison what the category Servant as Master meant when he looked at the other two. There was a figure he didn't recognize which scared Harrison further just by the aura of death that radiated from the figure as shadows fled from his form and seemed to take on the shape of screaming faces. Yet, despite the visage that was that man, beside him was someone Harrison recognized, the servant of the first core master, and he had command seals on his hand. "I didn't know servants could hold command seals like that in this holy grail war," Harrison mumbled to himself as the scene began to unfold. The hologram gave the same speech that was given to Harrison earlier. However, it did reveal to Harrison that the name of the core master's servant was, One of Starlight. The other servant was... Angra Mainyu.

------

"In this reality marble, I find the mana density is rather high compared to what it is usually outside, also on inspection of my opponents, the servant seems to be drawing from some outside power source, meaning I am most likely better suited for direct combat while you Zerik or should I say Angra handle the master. I will handle the servant," I said with conviction as I began to get into my battle stance the counter above me slowly ticking down. My fighting stance is unlike what many are used to, being a hyper-defensive style as I coined it. Meshing aggressive footwork with defensive techniques and thinking. Zerik did nod in acknowledgment, his lack of verbal response telling of his focus.

"Let's win this," I say with absolute certainty more than a promise. Once the clock struck zero we both shoot off the stone like rockets as I gunned for the servant in the mech. Clearly, she wasn't prepared for the assault as she stumbled backward awkwardly unsheathing her lance. With a swift kick to the hand that held the weapon, I got within close range easily. Judging by how the metal reacted to the blow however that would not be enough, "Strengthen now," I mumble to myself activating my magecraft activating the magic circuits below my skin-strengthening every part of my being. Allowing me to quickly recover and dodge the flurry of strikes coming from the enemy servant. They are fast however with my strengthening they are nowhere near my max output speed. 

That being said if I was only good at dodging I would not be where I was right now. No this wouldn't be enough to finish the fight and I refuse to be outdone by Zerik. The bluish-green lines that traced all across my body, I focused them on my eyes. Despite not being able to see my eyes I know they shifted from the purple-blue color to a florescent yellow as I activated my mystic eyes of precognition. Suddenly mass amounts of information were taken in by my eyes all at once, hundreds of thousands of possible futures being easily illuminated before my eyes. As I poured more mana into the mystic eyes however they shifted again to a brilliant piercing blue that was almost jewel-like.

Suddenly black streaking lines became visible to me like cracks in the world. As the enemy servant jumped back I saw my opportunity, reaching to the inside of my coat I unsheathed a small knife given to me long ago. Easily I trace the handful of lines attached to the enemy servant obliterating parts of the armor and weapons easily. When finally I see the last remaining line. Being very careful I trace my knife along it once again, though right before I finish though I slam my knife down breaking the perfect cut. This causes a large shockwave knocking me and the enemy servant away from each other as my normal vision returns to me, I notice that underneath all of the armor is a woman in nothing but a two-piece swimsuit, though my last trick had knocked her unconscious completely almost killing her outright. "Long time no see, Artoria"

-----

When the fight concluded Harrison and Jalter were kicked out of the recording their vision returning to their bodies. Harrison greyed out and damaged vision was the first thing he noticed. "Ugh that guy was so cool, how did he do all of that stuff, he was so fast I could barely keep up with him, and he totally trounced on Mysterious Heroine XX," Harrison said as he rubbed his eyes trying to make some sort of tangible difference. "I have no idea, but his eyes seemed to change color a lot could he have had some sort of mystic eyes," Jalter spoke her mind. Harrison nodded in thought at this, "That could explain it slightly, but what kind would let him do anything like that... maybe those but they were too rare..." Harrison took a moment of pause thinking to himself. As he thought he realized that he hadn't found out what happened while he blacked out during his first real match, "Umm Jalter what did happen towards the end of our match," Harrison asked seriously. "Oh, you started to bleed from your eyes and then teleported right next to Arecuid it seemed," Jalter stated nonchalantly. "I did what now!?!" Harrison exclaimed confused at what he had apparently done. "Then you screamed in pain so I knocked you out, and I am pretty sure you remember the rest after waking up," Jalter then let a foxy grin play across her face as she looked Harrison over again. "I mean how could you forget... though I would be happy to remind you," Jalter said slowly crawling over to Harrison pinning him against the back of the booth with a wry smile.

--------

Alrighty so I believe I should be back on schedule for the most part now, sorry for the awkwardness of it all, but for the next long while, things should be consistent again. And of course I hope you all are enjoying everything so far.