Chapter XCVII: Prelude

Harrison couldn't help but give Salter a smile that was so warm it could melt the ice caps themselves. "Come here you," he said pulling Salter into a tight embrace before dipping her down and planting a soft yet unexpended kiss upon her lips. click "R-RIGHTER WHAT WAS THAT!" Salter said her face a deep shade of crimson as embarrassment radiated through her. Harrison held up his phone with a cheeky smile, "Figured I'd try and replicate the photo as best as I could," the picture he had just taken still present on the screen. That only made Salter's blushing worse as she had her own small tantrum.

Salter and Harrison then proceeded to go out somewhere to eat, it wasn't anything fancy but Salter had a total blast at what was essentially a chain restaurant. Though despite Salter's smiles and laughter Harrison felt that there was something more she wasn't letting on about. He couldn't shake it from his mind, he was torn between ignoring it and letting her continue or potentially ruining everything by bringing it up. After much fuss, Harrison got a hotel room for the two of them to stay in for the night not that Salter gave him much of a choice. It was a quaint room without many amenities and the A.C barely worked but Salter didn't seem to mind so Harrison didn't either.

Though it was as the two of them began to settle down for the night that Harrison bridged the subject. "Salter is something on your mind," he asked unable to make eye contact with her. Instantly he heard the sounds of her shifting in the bed halt as she was clearly caught off guard. "W-what do you mean we've been having a blast all day haven't we," Salter defended herself after a moment of hesitation. "Yeah I guess, I don't know I just can't help but shake this feeling that it's like you're saying goodbye. We did all these things that I absolutely loved but so suddenly... you know what never mind," Harrison stopped for a moment before trying to take back the words he had already said as he laid down in the bed his back towards Salter.

Salter was quiet for a long moment before she turned in bed and began to hold Harrison. "Righter please..." her words fell off as she held him in her arms.