Chapter CIII: False

So the march began the three girls set out with determination on their faces for the band referred to as Angel Killerz. Salter however was dealing with something none of the others could feel, the waning and waxing of Harrison's mana as he fell close to death. As much as it was a relief that he wasn't dead it was all the more reason for her to take this absolutely seriously. Especially now that they would be traveling 4 hours away to meet with this band and their next touring location, Salter had to remain calm and composed no matter how much she wanted to break down and stop. 

"Annabelle can I trust you to keep my mana topped up," Salter asked as she brought over her motorcycle. 

(Credit na

(Credit na.mae)

It was a beast of a motorcycle in every sense of the word but fitting the three of them on it would be a tad of a challenge. "I can do that but where will I sit," Annabelle asked as the two girls mounted the motorcycle taking up all of the space. Salter nodded in thought at the very obvious problem she had missed. "That is a fair point maybe this won't work," Salter said slightly as emotionless as ever but internally panicking at the extra time they would be taking to problem-solve. "It's okay I have a car we can take," Annabelle spoke up again tossing Salter a key. The two servants looked at the small girl that most definitely couldn't drive with confusion. "Sakata drives me around sometimes though he can barely fit," she smiled sweetly as she pointed to an empty space in the parking lot. 

Slowly like a cloak of invisibility being pulled off the car was revealed. It was a sterling blue with long flowing body lines. Salter immediately recognized the badge on the side as belonging to BMW, everything about it screamed a classic luxury sports car. A BMW 507 a legendary sportscar for the brand and an even rarer vehicle, Harrison would kill Annabelle for never telling him.

 A BMW 507 a legendary sportscar for the brand and an even rarer vehicle, Harrison would kill Annabelle for never telling him

The three of them wasted no more time gawking and staring as they quickly swung into the car. Every part of it was as pristine as the outside and it looked as if it had been driven off of the factory earlier that day. Salter swallowed as she started the legend and it fired right up without any hesitation. Salter breathed in deeply as she listened to the engine rumble in front of her before shifting into drive suddenly unable to stop the smile from crossing her lips.

"Salter are you okay," Annabelle asked after 3 hours of straight driving as Salter's eyes looked sunken in. The two other passengers didn't know that to drive at the speed the car was doing (way above the speed limit) Salter was pumping mana into it. "Are we there yet," Jalter groaned from the passenger seat, causing Salter to silently curse her. Regardless of that hatred, they found themselves only a little way out at the moment and Salter quickly pulled to a nearby building close to the venue. "So what is the plan now?" Jalter asked as Salter stopped the car.

Salter took in a deep breath but before she could speak Annabelle spoke up instead. "Umm there seems to be a powerful bounded field around the venue," she said with slight hesitation. The other two girls looked at her in turn, "Well the Kiesers are masters of magecraft similar to that but even still I've never seen one like this before," Annabelle continued her eyes glued to the window. "Well what does it do, and how can we get inside," Salter asked, already trying to formulate a solution. "It doesn't look to be physical so breaking it with brute force really isn't an option and there aren't any blind spots either it seems," Annabelle answered. "Damn," was the one-word response she got from Salter who was racking her brain for any ideas.

-------

"You, you are just like her aren't you," the man talked from the shadows with a self-assurance Harrison was yet to hear before. Medusa wasn't present this time and Harrison noticed that he had considerable more feeling in his hand. He also zoned out slightly as the man began to monologue. 'My position is not a good one I would say, though judging by how my body deals with the petrification effect I may get the chance to do something rash eventually. I hope that the others aren't in the same situation as me, maybe they were able to get away or are somewhere safe. I can feel both Salter and Jalter but they seem far far away. Actually, now that Medusa isn't here maybe I'll be able to get some information out of this guy.'

Harrison found it much easier to focus when his eyes weren't showing him the world of death, he still didn't have control over it but there wasn't anyone within eyesight thankfully. "Alright, so what if I'm like her what of it, and who even is this she?" Harrison threw a question back at the man who was rambling to himself. "Who is she, yes that's right Rider has already helped establish you don't know. She is everything wrong with this world the reason I am here, she was weak too weak, but I am not like her I'll be better and stronger than she ever was. I'll be the new head of my house, she never deserved the crest to begin with," the man rambled as Harrison could hear clattering off in the shadows. 'This woman he is looking for is the head of a mage house,' Harrison thought to himself racking his brain. What pulled Harrison out of his thoughts was something that hurt as much as being stabbed through the chest.

"And you, you are a homunculus as well aren't you," the man said his words striking suddenly and with deadly amounts of weight. 'What a homunculus, no that can't be right' Harrison's head was spinning, laughter from the shadows only growing louder by the moment.