Chapter 16: The Rite of Passage!

TIMESKIP:  

-ALMOST 3 MONTHS LATER.  ONLY 1 DAY LEFT BEFORE THE U.A. ENTRENCE EXAMS-

It was a calm and quiet evening as Izuku sat at the dinner table with his mother, eating the breakfast she had prepared eagerly as if he had not eaten in a week.  His mother looked at Izuku whose cheeks were practically stuffed like a squirrel's.

"Wow, you must really hungry Izuku!"  Inko commented. 

"Mrrrrmph, mrrmph!"  Izuku said with a mouth full of food.

"Swallow your food first honey!"  Inko replied laughing.

Izuku looks up at his mother who was smiling. Izuku swallows all of the food in his mouth, then takes a long and deep breath.  He looks up at his mother who was still gleaming at the sight of her son enjoying her cooking.

"Tomorrow's a big day for me mom!"  Izuku replied.  "I gotta get as much food into me as I can!"

Izuku continues Inko chuckles at Izuku's comment.

"I've just never seen you so, well... Chipper before!  It's a nice sight to see!"  Inko commented.  "Speaking of which, you're not pushing yourself too hard; are you dear?"

"Huh?"

"I know you said that you've been training for the U.A. entrance exams, but don't you think you're taking it a bit too far?  I don't want you to get hurt Izuku..."  Inko explained.

"Don't worry mom, I'm not!  In fact, I've never felt better in my entire life!  I'm confidant I can pass the exams no problem now!"  Izuku said with a smile.

Inko could only look at Izuku with pride and joy, she's hardly ever seen him this happy before.  There was a new air of confidence surrounding him, she smiles and chuckles at his warm yet kind aura.  Izuku smiles at his mother before the television next to them catches his attention.  The channel was turned to the news reporting on the missing people.

"Just almost 3 months ago, the police and pro heroes received two anonymous tips as to where the location of the missing people were, which led them to a circus that was being held deep in the forests just outside of Mustafu's jurisdiction.  The culprit responsible for these disappearance is the villain who calls himself Zombozo, his real name however is Herbert J. Zomboni.  A villain from America who had seemingly dropped off of the grid about 5 years ago.  Upon arriving at the scene, he and his associates were promptly arrested and put into custody."

The scene then switches to Zombozo and the Circus Freak Trio exiting the police van and into prison, with people cheering for their arrest, with some of them crying as well.  Some were even tossing trash at Zombozo as the police attempted to hold the crowd back.

"Do you know just how much you scarred my daughter!?"  A woman in the crowd yelled.

"I hope you rot in there scumbag!"  A man yelled.

"You and your friends are lower than trash!"  Another man yelled.

"Upon news of their arrest, the representative of the Hero Association had this comment to give during a public conference."

"As we had promised you, everyone who had went missing has been found and accounted for; all returned to their families safely.  Your trust in us is not misplaced, that is what I had assured you.  Thanks to our wonderful heroes, Zombozo is now in custody and will no longer hurt anyone else.  In addition, we will now be lifting the curfew over Mustafu city!"

Everyone at the conference was cheering at the speech, while Izuku who was still looking at the T.V..  His face filled with slight contempt as he looked at the representative's wide smile on the camera.  Izuku then remembers the events of last night, where he and Ren had returned chef's daughter to him.