Chapter 87: Your Hero!

A dark and cloudy morning begins Izuku's day as he rides the train on the way to school, being mushed together in between other people on the crowded train as he looks at his phone.  He scrolls through the news of the week, seeing multiple news articles involving highlights of the sports festival, mostly of his fight with Katsuki and Shoto.

"Wow...  I knew the sports festival was big but...  I didn't think I'd actually make the front page of almost every news article sight...!"  Izuku thought to himself excitedly as he rewatched his fight with Katsuki.  "Still...  That was no easy fight...  He really did surprise me with those special moves of his...  Taking the one quirk within his possession and using them so viably and expertly...  Even if I did have control of the pacing of the fight for most of it, Katsuki-kun really was pushing himself to the absolute limit in order to try and win...  I can't afford to fall behind!  I have to work even harder and get stronger!  If the enemy Sensei mentioned last night ever shows up to Earth, I have to be ready to protect everyone...!  We have to be ready!"

Izuku scrolls through the news feed once more and sees a video podcast discussing Ren and his truce with the heroes at U.A.

"Hm?  What's this?"  Izuku asked himself as he turned the volume on his phone down slightly and played the video.

"This is a big big mistake I tell you!  This'll only backfire in the end!"  The first man on the left declared.

"Maybe you're just jumping to conclusions too fast!  I mean, the vigilante has proven himself on multiple occasions that he's a very capable hero!"  The man in the middle said to the first man.

"HERO!?  That vigilante is nothing but a child pretending to be a hero!  Listen here you, there is an order in which someone can become a hero in our society, the society that went through so much pain and suffering in order to develop ourselves around keeping the peace!  One must have the proper training through any of the many hero schools we have here, then the proper mentoring through internships in which they can learn from true heroes, then which they afterwards, they can become sidekicks to pros in which afterwards, they can soar on their own and start their agency!"  The first man replied.  "That is the process of due order, this system is what allowed our society to prosper for so long, that is how true heroes are made!  Take my son for example, he's recently opened his own agency and began to recruit sidekicks, you know how he did it?  Through focus, hard work, dedication, and sheer willpower!  This vigilante has none of those qualities that form a hero!  I don't know what the principal of U.A. High was thinking with this alliance, but let me be the first to tell you; they're going to regret it in the end!"

"I think you're begin a bit too harsh, it's true that he isn't an official pro; but does that make all of the lives he's saved so far meaningless?  I mean, just look at these clips of him in action!"  The man on the far right said before pulling up a video of Ren.

Man pulls up multiple clips of Ren's forms all defeating villains and saving every hostage in the situation.  Eatle stops a rhino like villain mid charge by clashing his horn with the Rhino's before blasting him with a green energy beam, knocking him unconcious and allowing the police to capture him. 

"Look at that!  He stopped that villain in no time flat!"  The second man commented.

Snare-Oh catches four cop cars falling off of a highway due to an explosion from criminals in a convertible.  After letting them down gently, Snare-Oh changes into Fasttrack and immediately captures the criminals in the car before transforming into Lodestar and putting the car to a complete stop. 

"He handled three different types of situations all on his own, saving the police in the cars, stopping the joy riders and the loose car all at once!"