Chapter 80: The Transfer Student!

"Izuku.  Would you believe me if I told you that I wasn't Ben's first choice when deciding the next wielder of the Omnitrix?"  Ren asked Izuku.

"What?  But I thought..."  Izuku replied in surprise.

"Before Ben met me, he, Azmuth and rook were actively looking for someone to pass the Omnitrix onto.  Ben searched around the galaxy for potential candidates, while Azmuth searched with rook for candidates within the academy."  Ren explained.  "And within time...  Azmuth and Rook eventually brought one candidate to Ben's attention..."

"Who...?"  Izuku asked.

"His name, was Michael Morningstar..."  Ren replied as he clenched his.  "Bona-fide piece of dog shit human being...  I first met him when I was first enrolled into the academy, after Ben chose me.  But by then, rumors had already spread that he was to be the next wielder. So when I came into the picture..."

"Is he a plumber...?"  Izuku asked.

"Was one..."  Ren replied.

-12 YEARS AGO-

Rook, Ben and Azmuth observe 10 students standing in their own testing facilities, each with different environments.  They all stare at the obstacle course in front of them, along with all of them robot enemies all along the field. .  They all hold a strange grey tube like device with the Omnitrix's symbol at the top.

"Are you all ready?"  Rook asked the students.

"Yes sir!"  The students all replied.

"Remember, the Unitrix prototype will only have a time limit of one minute and only one transformation per device."  Azmuth announced.

"The goal is to get to the finish line using each of your respective alien forms' abilities.  Analyzing, predicting and executing without hesitation is a skill you shall be required to preform when in the field of duty.  Managing your own evasive and combat abilities in each of your alien forms are the key to completing this exercise." Rook announced to the students.  "Do your best in this exercise to use your given transformations to make it to the end.  Now, begin!"

The students activate the Unitrix and are transformed into the Heatblast, Four Arms, Diamondhead, Ripjaws, Grey Matter, Wildmutt, Ghostfreak, Upgrade, Stinkfly and XLR8.

Diamondhead charges ahead as the robot enemies, breaking through the robots with a punch and running through the metal obstacles before being struck by 2 hidden robots.  Diamondhead crashed through 3 of the metal obstacles in his path before transforming back. 

"Candidate 478-5H, eliminated."  The system announced as the buzzer went off.

Wildmutt tears through the robots, completely focusing only on them before finally dashing towards the finish line, only to be stopped by a high pitched sound wave released by one of the robots before pinned down by three of the robots.  The candidate soon transforms back into his normal form. 

"Candidate 324-TF, eliminated."  The system announced as the buzzer went off.

Ripjaws dives into the large pool, ripping through the robots only to be blasted out of the water before transforming back. 

"Candidate 74T-6L, eliminated."  The system announced as the buzzer went off.

Grey matter hops over the robots and off of the metal obstacles before being caught and thrown into the wall by the robots and transforming back.

"Candidate D84-6N, eliminated."  The system announced as the buzzer went off. 

Four Arms easily destroys the robot.  What he doesn't realize however was that he was slowly being backed into a corner, surrounded by the metal obstacles.  The robots charge in from the side and completely squish Four Arms, to which he breaks out of and resumes punching the robots once more, only for the candidate to time out.