Chapter 92: Chasing Contrails!

"Here, look!"  Izuku said to Michael as he handed him his notebook of heroes.  "My hero notebooks from when I was still in middle school!"

Michael takes the notebook from Izuku and begins to flip through the pages, seeing all of the heroes within the notebook.

"Wow, you're quite the note-taker Midoriya.  It's a lot more detailed than I thought!"  Michael commented as he flipped through the pages.  "Their strengths, weaknesses, abilities and even special moves...  You've really done your homework!  I'm impressed!"

"T-thank you Armstrong-san!"  Izuku replied.

"Please, just Manny is fine.  Amazing...  I didn't know this country had this many heroes!"  Michael commented as he looked through the pages.  "You're quite the artist if I do say so myself!"

"My drawings aren't that good, but I appreciate the compliment..."  Izuku replied as he chuckled nervously.

Michael eventually gets to the page of Heatblast, to which he pauses for a moment before chuckling to himself.

"Well now...  That sure brings back memories..."  Michael thought to himself as he looked at the notes.  "Heatblast...  I still remember the first time I ever tasted a fraction of the Omnitrix's power through the Unitrix...  Like it was yesterday."

"Oh, you've got to the part about my forms!"  Izuku said as he looked at the book.

"Oh, Yes.  This one was my favorite during the event.  Heatblast."  Michael said as he rubbed his thumb over the drawing.  "He was quite the powerhouse.  One blast from him completely knocked that boy with the ice quirk out of the ring entirely."

"Yeah, I kind of overdid it back then..."  Izuku replied as he chuckled nervously.

"If I may ask Midoriya-kun, how come you didn't change into him

"He was actually the first form I changed into when I discovered my quirk!"  Izuku replied.

"You don't say..."  Michael replied.

"My other forms are pretty amazing too!  Like Diamondhead, with him I can..."  Izuku continued as Michael slowly begins to stop listening.

Michael continues to stare at Heatblast's page as his eyes continue to narrow at the form.  Flashes of Ren flow through his mind as his expression changes into a slight scowl.

"Ren...  Don't think for one second that I've forgotten the humiliation you put me through all those years ago...  Everything that you stole from me...!  Everything that should've been mine from the start...!"  Michael thought to himself.  "The Omnitrix belonged to me!  It was my destiny, it was my birthright!  And you stole all of that glory away from me!  I won't accept it...  I will never accept you!  I refuse to believe that you are superior to me and my perfection!  Oh, but don't worry Ren-boy...  These past 8 years, I've thought of nothing but killing you...  To see you grovel before my feet...  In order to accomplish that; I threw away everything...  My honor, my rank, my teammates...  Even my humanity.  I promise you Ren, the blood of my teammates that stain my hands now will not be in vain...!"