Chapter 155: Evolving Souls!

-IN TARTARUS-

Lady Nagant lays on her cell-bunk, facing up at the ceiling as she throws a ball against the wall repeatedly; catching it before throwing it against once more.  The sound of the ball echoes against the cold concrete walls of her cell as she catches it one final time.

She sighs before throwing the ball away across the room, letting it hit the door before reaching towards the ceiling.

"How long has it been now...  Since I started gazing at this view blankly...?"  Lady Nagant thought as she clenched her fist.  "The stone sky...  Dark, souless...  And devoid of all hope...  With no sight of any dreams beyond it's cold touch..."

Slowly, Lady Nagant lets down her arm and rests her arm over her eyes.

"How much has the world changed since I've been locked away in here...?  Is it still the same as when I left it...?"  Lady Nagant asked as she began to remember her past.  "Has anything at all changed since that day...?"

A memory of Lady Nagant's past flashes in her mind.  An image of multiple children before her all cheerfully surround her, laughing and smiling brightly.

"Lady!"  A child exclaimed.  "I'm a huge fan of yours!"

"Please, shake my hand!"

"Me too!"

"Me three!"

The children all begin to shove and push each other as they surrounded Lady Nagant

"I remember those children...  Their smiles were so bright...  So infectious...  So warm and innocent...  To see a hero like me in person must have been a dream come true for them..."

"Don't shove each other, I'll shake all of your hands."  Lady Nagant replied with a smile as she held her hand out to the children.

"  Lady Nagant replied with a smile as she held her hand out to the children

"Yay!"

"This is the greatest day ever!"

"Thank you!"