Chapter 56: Righting Wrongs!

"WE...  ARE HERE!"  All Might announced as he opened the door to the lounge.  "PLEASE, DON'T BE SHY!  MAKE YOURSELF COMFORTABLE YOUNG MIDORIYA!"

"P-pardon the intrusion..."  Izuku stated as he entered the lounge.

"Thank you for coming to see me on such short notice Midoriya."  Aizawa replied as Izuku entered.

"A-Aizawa-Sensei!?  You're the one that wanted to see me?"  Izuku asked in surprise.

"Yeah, sorry to call you here during lunch; but I just couldn't find any other time I could come and see you personally other than now."  Aizawa replied.  "Sit down."

"R-right..."  Izuku replied as he sat down.

All Might soon sits down onto the couch next to Aizawa, he takes a deep breath before going back into his skeletal form, much to Izuku's shock as he shrieks at the sight of All Might's real form.

"A-All Might, is it really safe to do that here!?"  Izuku asked frantically.

"Hm?  Oh, you mean this!  It's fine, most of the staff here at U.A. already know about my condition, there's no need for secrecy here young Midoriya."  All Might replied.

"I take it he's in on the secret too then?"  Aizawa asked.

"Yeah, don't worry; he's good at keeping secrets."  All Might assured.

"When did that happen exactly?"  Aizawa asked.

"About a year ago..."  All Might replied as he began making tea and explained everything about their first meeting to Aizawa.

Upon hearing All Might's reply, Izuku gets a flashback almost immediately to his first meeting with All Might on the rooftop.  His words cut deep into Izuku's heart as they echoed on and on in his mind, the answer he didn't want to hear that day.

"I'm sorry young man, but no. Without a quirk; I just don't think it's possible for you to become a hero..."  All Might's voice echoed.

Izuku firmly grasps the cloth of his pants, trying to bear the emotional pain as he remembered All Might's answer to his fated question.

"That's right...  It was nearly a year ago when I first met All Might... and asked him that question..."  Izuku said as he looked down onto his knees, catching All Might's attention.

All Might trembles slightly at the sight of Izuku's despair as he remembers that fateful day as well.  All Might silently pours the tea into a cup and places it in front of Izuku.

"H-here's your tea..."  All Might said hesitantly.

"T-thank you..."  Izuku replied, not looking up from his lap.

An awkward silence follows as All Might pours himself a cup of tea, neither one of them looking up at each other or saying a single word after the small gesture

An awkward silence follows as All Might pours himself a cup of tea, neither one of them looking up at each other or saying a single word after the small gesture.  Aizawa catches this tension between them and observes the two's body language.