Chapter 77: Sword And Shield!

The fireworks fire over the stadium as the crowd cheers louder than they ever have before.

"HERE IT IS FOLKS!  THE CHERRY ON TOP OF THIS YEAR'S U.A. SPORTS FESTIVAL!!!  We've seen the next generation of heroes, we've seen the ones who've climbed to the top, we've seen oh so many poor souls fall from grace!  Now, everything boils down to a match up between the best of the best!  IF YOU'RE AS EXCITED AS I AM, SHOW ME JUST HOW EXCITED YOU ARE!"  Present Mic announced.

 SPORTS FESTIVAL!!!  We've seen the next generation of heroes, we've seen the ones who've climbed to the top, we've seen oh so many poor souls fall from grace!  Now, everything boils down to a match up between the best of the best!  IF YOU'RE AS E...

The crowd cheers even louder as they yell to start the fight already.

"THAT'S WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR PARTY PEOPLE!  I won't keep you waiting any longer!  LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!"  Present Mic announced.  "Let's get our contestants into the ring for this battle of the century!"

Katsuki and Izuku from their own respective sides, begin to stretch and warm up near their entrance.

"I'm coming for you Deku...  You completely beat me the last time we fought, but this time...!"  Katsuki thought as he released an explosion into his palm.  "I ain't gonna lost again, not to a nerd like you!"

"So it all boils down to this huh...?"  Izuku thought as he threw quick jabs at the air.  "Just like you wanted Katsuki-kun...  I've been your punching bag for as long as I could remember, throughout elementary and middle school...  But now..."

Izuku throws one last jab into the air, he stares at the low green glow from his Omnitrix and smiles confidently before running his finger along the dial of the watch.

"Things are different now Katsuki-kun...  I don't have any intention on losing to you ever again!"  Izuku thought as he put his fist down and breathed deeply.  "It's almost time for our rematch...  You'd better be praying for a miracle Katsuki-kun, because I don't intend on holding anything back!"

"Deku-kun!"  Ochako called out from behind Izuku.

Izuku turns to see Ochako approaching him.

"Uraraka-san!"  Izuku replied.  "What are you doing here?  I thought you would've been up with the rest of our class by now!"

"I...  I was but...."  Ochako said in between breathes.  "I just...  I wanted to give you some encouragement before your match!"

"Encouragement?"  Izuku asked.

"Yeah!  This match is really important to you isn't it?  Bakugo-kun was the one who used to bully you, so I thought you might've been at least a little nervous..."  Ochako said as she rubbed the back of her head.  "Aren't you scared at all...?  To face your bully?"

Izuku looks back out into the stadium before breaking into a small smile.

"Maybe if you'd ask me that about a year ago...  I might've said yes.  It may sound weird, but I've always secretly admired him in a sense.  Rather, I admired his determination and drive to win, to become a hero."  Izuku replied before turning to face Ochako again.  "But now..."