Chapter 74: The Coming Storm!

"That was such an epic match!"  A spectator in the crowds commented.

"They completely destroyed the stadium.... in one single clash..."

"They both had fire and ice abilities.  When they fought with their ice quirks, that Midoriya kid was dictating the flow of the battle at almost every turn..."

"He kept egging him on about something, then Todoroki suddenly flared up his fire...  I've never seen something as powerful as that..."

"But then Midoriya had a fire quirk too and he still completely dominated over the match!"

"It's like their quirks were dancing with each other!  All that ice they formed was glistened so brightly with the sun and their flames had so many colors in it!"

"Those two definitely have heart and spirit, that's for damn sure..."

Heatblast makes his way over to Shoto, who was still leaning against the wall.  Shoto slowly opens his eyes and sees a blurry yet bright burning figure standing in front of him.

"O-old man...?"  Shoto growled angrily.

With a quick green flash, Shoto's vision clears and sees Izuku extending his hand out to him with a soft smile on his face.

"You okay?"  Izuku asked Shoto.

"Midoriya..."  Shoto replied before taking a look around his surroundings, realizing that he is out of bounds.  "I see...  So I lost, huh...?"

Shoto then takes Izuku's hand and stands up.  He then looks at his left hand in silence before grasping it firmly.

"Even when I released everything I was holding onto, even though I unleashed everything I had against you...  I was still no match for you...  I even used that bas-...  My, fire quirk against you, yet you deterred it with ease..."  Shoto stated.  "Despite all this, I somehow don't feel angry...  I feel, lighter...  Like a thousand pounds was just suddenly lifted from my chest...  I suppose I have you to thank for that, huh?"

"I didn't do a thing.  I just showed you the truth, you were the one that chose to accept it."  Izuku replied.  "In a way, it's like you burned away everything that held you back in on your own.  Maybe now you can really start thinking about the kind of hero you want to be...  But, in any case..."

Izuku proceeds to hold out his fist towards Shoto, confusing him for a moment.

"This was a good match Todoroki-kun...  But I look forward to having a real match with you one day, one where we truly have nothing holding us back."  Izuku said with a confidant smile.

"...You're really strange, you know..."  Shoto said to himself  before breaking into a smile.  "All these quirks you hold within your body, all of this power accumulating in one single person, yet I don't sense any kind of overconfidence from you, not like Bakugo-kun...  Strong, yet humble.  Kind, yet determined...  I don't know if you even realize it yourself, but...  This aura you carry around yourself, it's almost... intoxicating..."

"Hmm?  What was that Todoroki-kun?"  Izuku asked.

"No, it's nothing..."  Shoto replied before returning Izuku's fist bump.  "Thank you, for the fight Midoriya-kun."

The crowd slowly begins to clap into a loud uproar upon seeing the two, they look at the crowd around them with smiles on their faces.  Katsuki watches from the classes seat and scoffs at the sight of the two.

"W-what an amazing show of sportsmanship here folks!  These two have given us the match of the century and still they treat each other with respect!  Maybe we can learn a thing or two from these youngsters!"  Present Mic announced.  "In any case, Midoriya is your winner of the first quarter finals match!"