The Prince and The Frog 8

Ward 7, 3rd Floor, Inpatient Department, Central Hospital, 9:50 in the evening.

Ye Qian opened the door, the boy standing outside on the night without saying anything, he opened the door to his heart. No matter how sneaky and arrogant he lives inside, after that, he could never come out.

"You..." Ye Qian moved his throat, his eyes fell on the cake that the boy was carrying.

The boy's pair of peach blossom eyes curved, he said it naturally: "Let you spend my birthday with me."

Qin Lang brings the cake into the ward and greets mother Ye: "Hello Auntie, I am Ye Qian's classmate. Have you eaten? I ordered takeout for you, it will be here in a while."

"Ai, you kid..." Mother Ye looked tired. How are they in the mood to eat? They have always stayed beside father Ye, but this child seems to know in advance, his intimacy makes them couldn't guard against at all.

"Auntie, don't be polite to me, Ye Qian and I are good friends." Qin Lang glanced at the man in the hospital bed with his eyes closed, the man's skin is yellow and dark without any blood. "Uncle will be fine."

"Mm. Thank you." Mother Ye saw Qin Lang's outfit and cast a surprise glance at her son. Ye Qian has no friends. Because of the accident at home, he has been cold since he was a child, and he is more taciturn. She didn't expect her son to make friends with rich children.

The takeout came quickly.

Qin Lang accompanied Ye Qian to eat in the corridor outside. Qin Lang did not speak, just sat with him, seeing him eating in a hurry and unscrewed a bottle of water and handed it to him.

Ye Qian took a sip of water and choked, with a violent cough, tears gathered in his eyes.

Qin Lang patted him on the back a little helplessly, he felt like he's a little heavy again. From patting to stroking, one by one, his movements are gentle and careful.

After half an hour, Ye Qian choked and said: "My dad committed suicide, so I didn't go to you tonight..."

"What's the point of me..." Qin Lang did not know how to comfort people either so he just stroked Ye Qian's back with his hands.

The boy's palm is not big but it's warm. Warm from the back to the bottom of his heart.

"A little over a year ago, my dad was also the president of a listed company..." Ye Qian took the vegetables and put it into his mouth and slowly chewed, then continued slowly, "at that time, I was a freshman in Jinchen. Then his business failed, bankrupted, and he still owed some debts. His competitors reported in the market that he had a criminal record of embezzling public funds. He went to look for a job but no one accepted him. In the end, he had no choice but to go to the construction site to move bricks. As a result, he broke both of his legs and the construction site lost money. To heal and to live, the claim amount is simply not enough. This week it's his check up again. My dad, who takes things too hard for a while, doesn't want to drag me and my mom down so he just...fortunately, he was out of danger. Otherwise..."

Ye Qian put down his chopsticks, raised his head up and took a deep breath. He doesn't want his tears to fall.

Qin Lang looked at the boy's strong yet fragile profile, he couldn't help saying: "Everyone's life is difficult so walk over it. When one lives, there's still hope so don't give up. I believe that when uncle wakes up, he will definitely understand because he has you and your mother. He has love in his heart, there will always be sunshine..." and, hold on a little longer, this year, you can go back to your wealthy parents for the new year, your adoptive parents will live well then.

"Thanks." Ye Qian looked at Qin Lang and said softly.

"I'm really sorry, I also feel ashamed." Qin Lang suddenly smiled awkwardly, "When I think about what I said to you before, talking about auntie and uncle...I'm such a jerk."