Preference 36. Nightmares...

Luke: You sat up quickly and your eyes darted around the room. You had another nightmare and of course you had to be alone. You grabbed your phone and called Luke hoping he would answer.

"Y/N?"

You sighed and leaned against the headboard. "Yeah. Where are you?" you asked, wiping the sweat from your forehead.

"Heading home now. Did you have another nightmare?" he asked, the sound of the radio softly playing in the background.

"Yeah," you mumbled, looking down. "When do you think you'll be home?"

"A few minutes. Just relax and I'll be there soon, okay?"

"Okay. Be careful please."

"Always am."

With that you ended the call and sat there waiting. You must of fallen asleep though because you woke up when you felt the bed dip slightly. You turned your head and looked at Luke who brushed a strand of your hair out of your face. "Sorry. Didn't mean to wake you," he whispered, pecking your forehead.

"You know I'm a light sleeper when it comes to movement," you mumbled, looking up at him. "Can we cuddle now?"

He smiled and nodded, laying beside you instantly wrapping his arms around you. "Better?"

"Much."

"Good. Now get some sleep. I'll be here if you have another nightmare," he whispered, softly running his fingers through your hair.

You nodded slightly as you started to drift asleep. He smiled when he saw you asleep and soon joined you after a while.

Ashton: You woke up when felt Ashtons' arm tighten around your waist. You blinked and glanced over your shoulder to see his eyes squeezed shut. You tried to turn around in his arms and with much difficulty you were soon facing him.

"Ash," you mumbled, placing your hand on his cheek. "Baby, wake up."

He pulled you closer and you could feel him start to shake which worried you.

"Ashton," you said louder.

When he still didn't wake up you lightly patted his cheek, raising your voice. "Ashton!"

He jumped awake and looked at you as sweat covered his body. "H-Huh?"

You sighed and rubbed his cheek with your thumb. "You were shaking, Ash. Were you having a nightmare?"

Ashton stared at you for a while before sighing and nodding, pulling you closer. "Yeah. Nothing to worry about, luv. Just get some rest," he said, kissing your forehead.

"Not until you tell me what the nightmare was about," you said, burying your face in his neck ignoring the sweat covering him. "What was the nightmare this time?"

"The same as every other whenever I get ready to go tour again," he mumbled, sighing. "Just scared I'll lose you or something with the long distance as well as the time difference."

"You'll never lose me, Ash. I told you I can handle it," you said, smiling at how he worries. "No matter what I will always be with you."

He smiled and hugged you tighter. "I'm glad. Sorry for waking you."

"It's fine. I'm just glad you're okay now."

"I am now thanks to you."

You smiled and slowly started to fall asleep with him humming and gently rubbing your head.

Calum: You were in a dark room whenever your nightmare started. You'd always be tied to a chair or something with your father over you, hitting you. You'd always wake up in a cold sweat or screaming sometimes and like always Calum would be there all the time to calm you down.

You woke up screaming again from another nightmare of your past. You quickly looked around to make sure your father wasn't there.

"Y/N?"

You quickly turned to see Calum looking up at you with sleep filling his eyes. "Sorry, Cal..."

He sighed and pulled you closer to him. "Again..?" He kissed your forehead when you nodded. "He can't get to you anymore, luv. I'm going to protect you from him," he mumbled, against your forehead. "I promise."

You nodded and gripped his shirt. "Sorry for waking you again tonight."

"Don't apologize, luv. I understand what you're going through."

You sighed and laid your head against his chest. "I know but you need sleep too."

"I will once I know you're alright. I worry about you more than myself," he said, rubbing your head softly.

You nodded and closed your eyes slowly, falling back to sleep with him humming.

Michael: You were awoken by your cellphone going off. You groaned and looked at the time, seeing it was well passed 2:30 in the morning. You quickly grabbed your phone and answered it, putting it to your ear. "Ello?" you mumbled, letting out a yawn.

"Y/N?"

You blinked and raised an eyebrow. "Mikey? What's wrong?" you asked, semi awake by now.

"Had a nightmare," he said, his breath shaking slightly.

You sighed softly and rubbed your eyes. You knew this would happen again. He usually only had nightmares when he left to go on tour and he'd call you because you assured him that everything was okay. "What was it about tonight?" you asked, stifling a yawn.

"I lost you because of all this long distance shit," he said, sighing.

You blinked and rolled over to lay on your side as you talked to him. "You won't lose me from this. You'll be back in a few weeks on break and I'll still be here waiting for you with pizza in the oven and a game in the Xbox," you said, smiling.

"You'd do that?"

"Of course. I already have your favorite pizza in the freezer waiting for you.

"I'm lucky to have you," he said, sighing.

"And I'm lucky to have you. Now I'll stay on the phone with you until we both fall asleep if you want."

"I'd like that a lot."

"Alright," you said, smiling.

You stayed on the phone with him until you knew he was asleep in which you fell asleep with the call still going.