44. Over the phone

{Y/N's POV}

"CHRISTMAS!" Robin yelled into my face as I drank my milkshake, startling me, making me look at Nancy who also looked at me worriedly. We were at Robin's home, sitting on the kitchen island as Robin was in front of us moving all around.

"Robin... We're just now entering December." I say to her after gulping down the scare she just gave me. She rolls her eyes at me and continues with her excitement, like a ten-year-old.

"But it's the season! I love Christmas! I don't know a single person that doesn't like it." She says proudly and I clear my throat, making her smile completely drop, Nancy turning her head towards me. "What? You... You don't like Christmas?" She asks me and I just stare at her, flashbacks flooding rapidly in my brain.

-

"Miss Y/L/N." I heard my butler opening the door, and I immediately shot up from my bed, my short legs dangling out of bed as a smile plastered in my face. I pushed past him and I ran downstairs towards my living room and I saw my Christmas tree, without lightning it up, making my smile fall from my face immediately. I looked around, running towards the dining room as I heard Christian walking downstairs once more and I headed towards the living room again.

"Where's daddy?" I asked him and he cleared his throat, pulling a present from under the Christmas tree, handing it into my small hands.

"Your father's present. He went off to a Christmas meeting at his new company. He knows you will find this enjoyable." I received a tactless pat on the head as he walked away from me. I felt my eyes water as I walked in my cold living room, fireplace untouched with just one sock dangling from it, Christmas tree unlit, and no cookie smell, or peppermint to fill my nostrils like I've seen kids in movies have. I sat on the big couch, feeling the stern unused fabric underneath my legs as I opened the present he gave me. My eyes scanned the limited edition of Barbie Malibu and I frowned slightly at it. It felt as if he didn't even buy it himself.

I never liked Barbies.

-

"I hate it. I don't see the cheer in it at all, it's just all marketing." I say outloud towards her and she shakes her head at me disapprovingly.

"Oh hell no... We're having a Christmas party." I frown and shake my head at her, not wanting to relive that pain again.

"No, I don't even decorate my house Robin, just let it be like that." I say to her, taking another sip of my milkshake.

"Does Laura not celebrate Christmas?" She asks and I winced slightly. I remember her trying to decorate the house and I told her to tear it all down. She always tried to make me enjoy it, somehow, by baking cookies, or making the food, or even gifting me a present, but I just cannot seem to like the idea of it.

"No, she doesn't but it's on my command." I say to her, feeling slightly ashamed and guilty for not letting my Nana enjoy Christmas the way she wants to. I sigh, shaking my head at them. "Whatever, the good thing out of this, is that after tomorrow's game, one more week and we're off from school." I say happily to her and she nods at me with a soft smile as well. Nancy and I talked all night after last Tuesday night. 

Jonathan had lied about applying into the same college as her, and she was trying to figure out if there was any trust left between them at all. Personally, I wanna punch Byers' face in. She then began asking me for details about Eddie, but I was afraid to talk about him. I was afraid of talking and letting myself come to terms and realization that this was more than just mere attraction. I knew that talking it out was going to make my feelings just go all over the place, and I don't know how I would act in front of him after doing that. Stupidly most likely.